Backups are important part in IT world. In case of system crash or hard disk crashes, backups created on time help you save your important data. Microsoft Windows have provided you a great inbuilt utility of creating windows 7 backup and scheduling automatic backups on daily, weekly or monthly basis.
There are numerous benefits of automatic backups over conventional methods of backup where you have to manually copy the data from computer to external drives, media like DVDs or over the shared network location. Microsoft has made the task of backing up your vital data easy and automatic. Windows 7 Backup and Restore utility not only allows you to take the backup of documents, media files or database, you can also select the option of creating the backup of system files which helps you to recover windows settings, in case it gets corrupted.
HOW? you will learn yourself in the tutorial given below.
Step by step instructions to configure windows 7 backup
- Step 1: The first step to take the windows7 backup automatically, Click on start button =>All programs =>Maintenance=>Backup and restore
- Step 2: Click set-up backup.
- Step 3: In the next screen you get, select hard disk drive where you want to save backup file. It is important to NOT to select the primary partition where the operating system is installed. Instead you should select any other secondary partition. To be more secure you can select any network location, if you have a network of computers at your place.
- Step 4: You will be asked whether you want to back up the whole of drive, partition or some particular folder.
- Step 5 : In the following screen, you will be asked to select the drive or the folder you wish to back up.
- Step 6: As you can see in the next screen, you have the option of selecting particular folders for back up and below that, you are given the option of “including the system image of primary partition, C drive in this case”. It is recommended to take the system image at least once quarterly. It will help you recover the windows, in case the system stops working.
- Step 7 : Windows 7 Backup utility offers you the option of scheduling the frequency of backups to be done.
- Step 8: You can now select the drop down button in “How often” option. You will be asked to select daily, weekly or monthly choice. For example, if you want backup of particular folder to be created on daily basis, select Daily in How Often option.
- Step 10: Now you can see that you have been able to successfully start the backup of your important data. The backup will be performed automatically next scheduled time, without your intervention.
Automatic backups always provide you with the current copy of your all-important data. Since only the files that are modified are back-up, the time taken by automatic backup is less as compared to full backups. Microsoft’s inbuilt automatic Windows 7 backup utility is simple yet fruitful and be performed easily by following above given steps.