Facebook has become the Mecca for video media. With the increasing demand for videos and other media, Facebook has increased its video-dependent policy. Facebook acknowledges the people’s love for this form of entertainment and information sharing. If you have ever tried to download Facebook videos, then you must be aware that it is not as easy with videos on other websites.
There are many apps and softwares that you can install and download Facebook videos. In this article, I focused on two basic ways to perform this task. You don’t need to download and install any software or app. You can download videos on Facebook by following two easy methods.
Methods to Download Facebook videos
Method 1: Downloading With the Help of Other Websites
This is a convenient method of downloading a Facebook video if you are using a PC or laptop. Though it works on your Smartphone as well, you may find it a bit difficult to switch between webpages. The most common websites for this task are getfbstuff.com, downvids.net and fbdown.net. There are many others but I found these reliable and easy to use. Here are the steps to follow-
- Open Facebook in a browser. Preferably Google Chrome
- Right click on the desired video. It will open a context menu. From this menu select the “Show Video URL” option.
- Right there on the top of the video, you will see the URL. Copy the link of the page by pressing CTRL+C.
- Open another tab and type in the URL of one of these websites (getfbstuff.com, downvids.net or fbdown.net) that you want to download videos with.
- Paste the copied link in the space given on the opened website in the second tab and click the download button. You can do this by pressing Enter key.
- Select the required video quality and the location on your device where you want to save it.
- Your required video will be downloaded in a few seconds.
Now you don’t have to scroll down your Facebook page to locate and replay an interesting video. Download it, share or play offline anytime you wish.
Method 2: Directly from Facebook
The second method is without any app or website. You can directly download Facebook Videos by following these quick steps-
- Login Facebook and open the desired video by clicking on it. It will open in a new tab.
- The video must be playing in this tab. In the URL bar, replace “www” with “m” and press enter.
- Now scroll down to the desired video which is now opened in mobile view.
- Play the video again here (It is essential to keep the video in playing mode)
- Right click on the video. You will observe a menu. Select “save video as”
- You will be prompted to save the video on your PC or laptop through a Save Dialog Box.
- Give a reasonable name to the video and save it on your laptop or PC for future use.
Once you download the Facebook Videos on your PC or Laptop, you can easily copy it in your smartphone and enjoy the videos even when you are offline. These are the two easiest way to download Facebook video without risking your PC to some unreliable app or software. If we missed something easier, don’t hesitate to share in the comments box.