You have spilled a coffee on the laptop and now it’s not turning on. You contacted customer support and came to know that spills or accidents are not covered under manufacturer’s warranty. Do the spills, accidental drops or damage due to power fluctuation is covered under Extended Warranty? The good news is that the answer is Yes. There are third parties that offer additional protection or warranty as an add-on to standard manufacturer’s warranty. This accident protection warranty covers accidental spills, broken screens or laptop dropping from hands.
Facts to know about Laptop Accident Protection Plans
Before listing the best available laptop protection plans, let me highlight certain facts that you need to know before buying these extended warranty plans.
- The extended warranty plans come with 1, 2, 3 or 4-year time period. You need to buy an extended warranty within a specified time period after buying a new device. That means if you buy laptop protection plan of 2 years, in the first year you will get benefits of both manufacturer warranty and extended warranty and after the manufacturer’s warranty expires, you get the one-year additional protection plan.
- The price of the plan depends on the billing price of the laptop. You need to pick the price range of your laptop before finalizing the accidental plan.
- You must check certain facts before purchasing the plan. The vital facts that need to be verified are a) whether the battery is included or not b) Is there any fees while claiming warranty c) Is shipping included d) Is labor included along with parts. e) what is the TAT(turn-around-time) f) Claim timings? Is it 24×7? g) Recurring problem coverage
- Is the service contract offered by the company registered with SCIC ( SERVICE CONTRACT INDUSTRY COUNCIL).
Top Laptop Extended Warranty Plans
A part of Allstate company, Square trade has over seventy million accidental policies since 85 years. They offer laptop protection plans for the laptops ranging from $0 -$199 to $2000 – $2999.99. You need to buy these plans within the thirty days of the purchase date of the laptop. Square trade offers 2-year and 3-year accidental plans. The coverage includes
- Liquid Damage
- Hard disk failure
- Mechanical and Electrical failures
- Wi-Fi failure
- Screen damage
Furthermore, you can file your claims 24×7 online. The shipping is included and they will send you a pre-paid shipping box to your registered address. The square trade claims to repair the laptop withing 2 days of filing the fault otherwise they will send you a replacement.
At present, Asurion is offering portable electronics protection plans in 18 different countries and is already planning to grow its presence in more locations. Asurion covers most of the laptop brands that include Apple, Microsoft surface, Dell, Lenovo, MSI, Acer, Chromebook, Samsung, Toshiba, Sony, HP, and Alienware.
The protection plan covers following failures.
- Motherboard and Hard disk drive
- Failures due to heat and dust
- Drops and spills
- Battery Failure
- Screen cracks
- Laptop body breakdown
- Broken Hinges
- Charging and headphone jacks
- Touchscreen responsiveness
Asurion has got many awards for its excellent services including Confirmit Ace awards, CES innovation awards. The other features of Asurion extended warranty include pre-paid shipping, 24×7 claims, fast-repairs and real-time status-updates.
The smart guard plan is offered by Warrantech company that has its presence in 70 countries and is delivering its services for the last thirty years. The service plan covered value ranges from as low as $0-$200 to as high as $5000 – $6000. You can choose the term plans from 1-year, 2-year, 3-year and 4-year extended warranty plans. The plan covers all the accidental damages, electrical and mechanical parts, internal parts damage including labor.The best part of these plans is that the accident coverage starts from the first day of the plan, unlike other plans where the drops and spills are covered only after the completion of 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Assurant has been delivering 360-degree protection plan for the last 35 years. You must buy this plan within 30 days. The protection plan covers electrical and mechanical breakdowns, liquid spills, accidental drops, cracks. The best part of Assurant plans is that it also covers any damages that are caused to laptop due to power surges. To provide claims, the Assurant company will either repair, replace or pay the amount of original part in case it is beyond repairs.
Buy Laptop Accident Plans Before it’s too Late
The accidental plans increase the life of your new laptops. You can concentrate on your work without worrying about any accidental, electrical or mechanical failure of the laptop. Note: Please read the terms and conditions of the service contract carefully before buying an accidental protection plan.