We are always keen to capture our special moments. That is why a good quality DSLR or a 4k video camera in our possessions means a lot to us. At other times, we opt for professionals for delivering good captures of our special days. Not only stills, but video recordings are also quite popular media of cherishing the golden memories. We have come far in the journey to camcorders.
With high definition visuals and good quality photography, it has become even more captivating to look at. The overwhelming effect of social media might lead us to this obsession with visuals. Average smartphones these days are good to go; however, they can never match the experience of video cameras. So we are eager to see a sharper and crisper image of everything, now.
Pixels and megapixels do matter to people, even when it comes to the amateurs. Moreover, Autofocus and the dynamic feature are what catch our immediate attention. The list we are about to uncover will guide you through the best 8 products to pay your attention to. The 4K video cameras are not always considered to be professional ones.
However, it is always a better option for smartphones. After clear thoughts and considerations, we’ve handpicked all these products, only for you.
Best 4K Video Cameras: Buy the Best-suited now!
1. Sony Alpha a7S Mirrorless Digital Camera
The very best camera for capturing high-quality videos is the Sony Alpha a7S Mirrorless Digital Camera on our list. The superb compatibility and amazing accessibility make it to the top of our count. It might be the best camera for discreet shooting because of the silent shutter mode.
- It has an in-built NP-FW50 Lithium-Ion Battery which is rechargeable.
- Package includes AS Adapter, BC-TRW W series Battery charger, and body cap.
- RGB filter with on-chip lens design.
- 1.23M of dot LCD-tilts provided for both high and low angles.
- The connection is quite handy to smartphones via Wi-Fi or NFC for one-touch sharing.
- 35mm large pixel image sensor.
- The dynamic range of 15.3 stops.
- Sensor: 12.2 MP.
- Full HD with Uncompressed 4:2:2.
- Probably the best product to use even in low lights.
- The one-touch remote is the most simple to use with Wi-Fi or NFC control.
- There are choices to add new features with PlayMemories camera apps.
- The compatible camera for Sony E-mount lenses and also other A-mount full-frame lenses.
- An improved 3-lens optical system will let you have richer visuals.
- The lower value megapixels eventually fall through.
- Not at all durable battery life.
2. PowerShot SX740 Digital Camera by Canon
Equipped with 40x optical zoom, this digital camera by canon allows you to capture or shot videos in high-resolution. Since it comes with many in-built options such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC, you are able to share or transfer the captured photos or videos to other devices very easily.
Furthermore, if you require shooting traveling vlogs or food photos or videos, this is a perfect one to opt for its sharpness and image colors. Moreover, the frame cropping allows you to capture without worrying about editing much later on.
- PowerShot SX740 comes with in-built Wi-Fi and NFC to transfer or share media
- Advanced stabilization of pictures
- Slim design
- Equipped with in-built Bluetooth
- 3 inches LCD display i.e. Tilt-type
- Allows remote shooting
- It weighs 9.8 ounces and hence, light in weight
- Portable and handy
- Different modes to shot high-quality photos or videos
- No External-Memory provided
3. GoPro HERO 7
GoPro has quite a reputation in the camera world. The support of different apps and easy management in video stabilization might be the top reasons. When it comes to Hero7, it allows 30 x speeds up in order to create shorter videos from larger ones without missing the content but by just speeding it up.
Moreover, with a video feature like 8x Slo-Mo, this camera allows projecting/displaying required scenes/shots in slow motion enhancing the overall video quality and presentation.
- 4K touchscreen HD video quality.
- SuperView, Linear, and wide lenses
- Advanced EIS
- Cloud auto-upload option along with GoPro PLUS Subscription
- The battery of Hero7 is removable and rechargeable
- 33ft body has complete resistance from the water.
- Weighs 4.2 ounces
- Photo timer
- 4k60 and 1080p240 join hands for delivering quality performance.
- It supports live streaming and video saving in HD quality
- HERO6 Black provides a vast improvement of shots.
- 12MP Superpro.
- Captures Hypersmoothe footage.
- You can command your GoPro using your voice
- Allows 15 photos per second by using burst mode.
- Vertical shoot mode
- Easy video stabilization process, handy even for amateurs.
- Hero7 has a waterproof and durable camera body.
- No preview available
- No compatibility with Windows 10
4. Sony DS-RX100 IV
Sony DS-RX100IV is another best pick for a 4k video camera, which is equipped with a perfect combination of optimum size and affordable pricing. Also, it holds very high quality for your shoot. Easy device communication and shutter speed are its other laudable attributes. Additionally, the Exmor RS CMOS sensor provides a lot faster and brilliant AF.
- 1-inch sensor.
- The slow-motion mode is friendly up to 960 fps (40x).
- Super-speed anti-distortion shutter at maximum 1/32000 sec up to 16 fps.
- Premium multi-layered T* coating.
- The autofocus system comes in handy.
- XAVC S format is incorporated in maximizing the high-bitrate shooting up to 1000 Mbps.
- 3 inches multi-angle LCD.
- A dual record 168 Mp photos.
- XGA OLED Tru finder develops high resolution approx to 2359K dots.
- Multi-angle 3 Xtra fine LCD.
- The shutter has anti-distortion facilities.
- The fast blazing shutter speed is commendable.
- Simple connectivity to smartphones.
- PlayMemories app feature allows personalizing your camera.
- Multiple angle rotation for up 180 degrees to down 45 degrees.
- High resolution for 4k movies.
- The digital touchscreen is absent.
- Limited zooming in and out is a drawback.
5. X-T3 Mirrorless Digital Camera by Fujifilm
In the case, if you are a professional video maker or aspiring to be one, this Fujifilm X-T3 is for you. As suggested by its title, it’s a mirrorless digital cam, which supports HDMI output of 4K/60P 4:2:2 10bit. Also, when you require objects or things that are moving really fast, it has the provision of making smooth videos (with a mode called sports finder) and blackout-free images.
Moreover, this is a great 4k digital camera when it comes to shooting in low light conditions with 2.16M pixels for phase detection. This X-TX Fujifilm camera comes with a high-resolution of 3.69-million-dot (large EVF).
- Weighs 3.1 lbs
- Allows Stabilization of Image
- Blackout-free photos
- Better detection of the face and eye with AF-C mode
- Allows 4K/60P 4:2:0 10bit of internal SD card video recording
- 3 inches display
- 3 x Optical Zoom
- 60fps live view
- The color depth of 10bit
- Supports H.265/HEVC & H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
- 4K DCI 2160p of resolution to capture video
- 4K interframe NR
- Precise focus and hence, high-quality output
- Enhanced autofocus while capturing a fast-moving object
- Requires color grading post capturing images.
6. Lecia D-Lux
If you’re into shooting while traveling, then this is your perfect company. The stabilization of the image has the capability to go up to 40fps. It is susceptible to a Wi-Fi connection, so file transfers are easier. Customers are often pleased with the very performance of it as a 4K video camera. Easy to adjust the functions and quality of the video might be some reasons behind their favor.
- High resolution 3 inches LCD monitors.
- Great Zoom lens, which has the 24 to 75 mm in 35 mm format.
- Monitoring in bright sunlight made it easy.
- Integrated electronic viewfinder.
- Leica C image shuttle app compatible program.
- 2.8 MP OLED EVF for total control of presets.
- Triplex zoom options to cover optical, digital, and versatile.
- AF featuring covers face detection attribute and a 49-area tracking, pinpoint, and multipurpose custom.
- Sensitivity ranges to ISO 25600.
- 1.7 to 2.8 ASPH lens.
- Amazingly fast performance, in the lens part.
- Exclusive three-year warranty.
- High definition digital recording format.
- Lightweight carry and compact packaging.
- The shorter time period for videos.
- Limited battery life.
7. Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 (Best Overall)
DMG-G7 by Panasonic has conceived the right proportion of price, weight, and accurate performance. The 4K video camera will provide you with various facilities, and with a very primitive approach. Although the slower autofocus will disappoint you, still it’s a great buy to be accessible at this price.
- Easy shutter settings and lighter control aperture.
- For the greater visibility, the OLED Live viewfinder with 10000:1 high contrast is used.
- AF trackage is swift and precise.
- Depth from Defocus technology and AF technology grants continuous autofocus shoot to 6 frames per second.
- Silent shutter won’t bug you anymore.
- 16-megapixel micro type 4 thirds sensor.
- 4K QFHD video recording dimension 3840×2160.
- Next level mirrorless interchangeable lens.
- Robust configuration for versatile capture.
- 4K burst for consistent shooting.
- Smaller DSLR provides a concise yet intuitive control.
- Expandable features like DMW-FL580L external flash and DMW-MS2 stereo microphone.
- Wi-Fi connective Panasonic Image App will be the best acquaintance while extensive photoshoots.
- 4EV low light autofocus will have you the clear capture of moonlight visible objects.
- Time-lapse effective video making made so comfortable.
- The different parts of the camera body are not that durable, made with plastic materials.
- A little heavyweight over other competitors.
8. Sony FDR-AX53/B
The last entry in our list is also a classic Sony product. Sony has made quite a reputation in the hearts of customers with innovative ideas. This FDR-AX53/B is a great tool for taking out a long tour. The intelligent quick autofocus and internal microphone is a great combo for shot lovers. Moreover, the easy to access viewfinder will help you in taking amazing shots.
- Adds stunning clarity to the photographs.
- Ultra 4 K HD resolutions
- Night shot mode is a gem.
- The ensemble comes with adapters and other necessary gadgets.
- B.O.S.S. stabilization works for easy access.
- 4K, XAVC-S recording with 16.6 MP and Exmor r sensor.
- 20x optical zoom option.
- 3.0 inch LCD touch panel with EVF.
- Microphone withholds a minimum focus distance of approximately 13/32 inch.
- ZEISS lens for optical zooming up to 20 xs.
- High clarity in video shoots and still photographs as well.
- The time-lapse property in video shooting works beautifully.
- Good accessory for crafting optically balanced and steady shots.
- In-built microphone for good management.
- The manual controls come off as a bit tiring.
- A slower shutter speed fails to compensate for lower brightness.
Shoot Your Movie With High Quality!
So, after going through the products, we hope that you’d make an informed decision. Especially for the beginners, it might be a little difficult to comprehend which features to for. That is why; we have added detailed features, specifications, pros, and cons of each product.
Beyond that, you need to learn a couple more things on your own. We recommend Sony Alpha a7S is the best value product. If you’re not feeling comfortable, then you can also go with the easy-peasy access of the Canon XC-10 model. It has both slow and fast mode options, which will satisfy you up to some level.
Share Your Views: