In this article, I am going to share with you a list of the ten best antiviruses for android that are absolutely free and at the same time are equally effective to protect your phone from Trojans and malicious attacks. These free antivirus apps or software are the latest and are top-rated by users and testing labs. To counter the attacks like viruses, malware, worms, spam, or ransomware, there are various security apps in the google play store. These Trojans or viruses often reach your phone when you install third-party apps or receive some data by sharing your phone with friends. All the apps listed here are complete security packages that not only protect the phones from virus attacks, but they also prevent them from data and privacy theft.
Reviews of Best Antivirus for Android Protection
1. AVG Antivirus FREE
AVG is the most popular security app for mobiles and tablets to protect them from malware and phishing attacks. AVG 2022 edition is an all-in-one free security software that has antitheft, anti-virus, battery saver, phone locator, and speed optimizer features.
- Real-time protection by dual engines of AVG by scanning apps and other data on the mobile and removing suspicious content.
- Protects your phone from all the threats arising from web browsers.
- With the anti-theft feature, you can locate your device via google maps. This feature also helps you erase all your data or shout the alarm in case it is stolen.
- In case somebody tries you insert his own SIM, AVG antivirus will automatically lock the android device.
- The camera trap feature will email you the picture of the person who inputs the wrong password three times.
- AVG free antivirus also creates a security vault to move all your sensitive data or personal pictures to protect them from others peeping in.
- Unlike other security apps, AVG also enhances the performance of the phone through its premium features like battery-saving, optimizing speed and storage, and regular alerts on data plans.
2. Kaspersky Internet security
Kaspersky is the best antivirus for android devices and in 2022, it has come up with a new user interface design with a stylish and fresh feel. Another plus point of this antivirus software is that it scans at a rapid speed. It is a complete security package for your smartphone. Let us find some of its key points.
- While you use your device, Kaspersky works silently in the background to counter and block all the threats that may compromise security.
- App lock protects your sensitive information and private communication by providing a secret code to these apps.
- The find your phone feature provides various security components that include, wiping your phone data remotely, locating the device, turning on a loud alarm, and taking a screenshot of the thief.
- Kaspersky provides many filters to block unwanted calls and spam messages.
- Shop fearlessly with Kaspersky’s internet security since it blocks all the potentially dangerous sites on all web browsers.
- You can operate most of the functions by voice commands. You can start scanning, finding your phone, or getting security reports by just using voice commands.
3. 360 Security 2022
Available in more than thirty-five languages and trusted by two hundred million users, 360 security is a comprehensive security cum performance app. This versatile app manages your junk files and battery life apart from securing your android phone from virus threats.
- 360 security is a free antivirus for the android OS which is developed using the latest algorithm to tackle threats from viruses, Trojan, or malware.
- Whenever you play videos or browse the internet, the storage is filled up with temporary files, cookies, and junk files. 360 security periodically deletes these files to keep your device clean and fast.
- 360-antivirus intelligently turns the battery saver on automatically and keeps the device cool.
- The 360 software offers a URL to remotely track, locate and protect your lost phone.
- App lock prevents your personal messages and media files from going to unknown hands.
- Takes snapshots along with the date and time of any intruder who tries to break into your phone.
- The app also includes a fingerprint lock for enhanced security.
Download 360 Security
Avast provides antivirus and free VPN services for Android users. Avast is capable to stop popups on Android devices by removing the malware and spyware that cause them. This free antivirus software is best for securing your android phones against phishing attacks from messages, emails, and web browsers. Avast alerts you whenever the privacy of phone data is compromised.
- You can move all your vital photos to a photo vault that protects them with robust encryption.
- The power save feature automatically adjusts the battery-draining settings like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or screen brightness.
- In case the phone is stolen, Avast will secretly capture both the audio recording as well as the photo of the thief.
- You can easily protect the apps from strangers or kids by using the app lock feature of Avast antivirus.
- Avast also provides a firewall on pre-rooted android phones.
- Avast also manages to keep your phone clean from residual and junk files.
- The main source of Trojans or viruses is a web browser and Avast does a good job to block any malicious links or ads found during surfing.
- Avast also protects your phone from the threats arising out of public W-Wi networks.
5. McAfee Mobile Security
McAfee has recently got the USA silver award from Info Security and a certified AV TEST award. It is free security software that comes with premium features like anti-theft, anti-malware, anti-virus, anti-spyware, app protection, and some other performance-boosting features mentioned below.
- The real-time antivirus engine is capable of removing malicious codes from storage areas, downloaded files, messages, and apps. This anti-malware also provides protection against ransomware.
- McAfee protects the android device from malicious codes that come attached with URL links, QR codes, emails, or on browsers. McAfee provides protection on multiple browsers like chrome, opera, Firefox, or IE.
- We often connect to unsecured Wi-Fi connections and McAfee provides Wi-Fi security from any spoofing attacks.
- As far as privacy is concerned, McAfee antivirus offers various features like App management, App lock, call, and SMS blocker.
- RAM cleaner feature ensures that no background apps running in the background which further speeds up the phone.
- Other performance optimizer features include storage space cleaner, battery optimizer, and monitoring data usage.
6. ESET Mobile Security and Antivirus
Eset offers both basic and premium versions of mobile security software. While you install the basic or the free version, you can still enjoy the features of the premium solution for thirty days for free. Eset comes with a well-organized interface with large menu buttons. It offers you to scan the device with variable depths of scanning.
- Real-time Eset protection works round the clock to block malicious applications, documents, and files.
- With Eset, you can stay up-to-date with monthly security reports.
- Use safe browsing with Eset since this antivirus scans all the websites you visit for any tricky phishing activity.
- The application audit feature checks the permissions for all the installed applications on your android phone or tablet.
- Under the device monitoring tab, you can control all security-related settings from a single window.
- To activate the anti-theft feature, you need to sync your device with my.eset.com
- Eset creates the logs of all the IP addresses to which your device connects.
- Both front and back camera snapshots in case of device theft.
7. Trend Micro Dr.Safety
Highly rated by users around the globe, Trend Micro is an antivirus that is certified by AV-TEST lab as one of the best free antiviruses for android in 2022. This antivirus is equipped with the latest security technology to counter spyware, Trojans, viruses, malware, phishing, and unwanted calls and messages. Trend Micro also helps you find your lost android device with its advanced anti-theft feature.
- Trend micro checks all the apps for any malicious threats even before your download starts.
- The photo lock feature allows you to lock all the sensitive pictures that you hesitate to share with others.
- Trend micro scans all the emails and the attachments of Gmail before they reach your inbox.
- Optimizes the device performance by cleaning the memory and storage device on regular basis.
- This free antivirus also offers parental control which let you control the unwanted content from your kids.
- Trend Micro blocks the spam calls that often irritate you.
- It provides an extra layer of security on Facebook privacy so that none other than you can share anything on FB.
- Trend Micro stops the apps from spying on your personal data.
- Find my phone feature allows you to track your missing phone and lets you wipe all the data remotely before it falls into wrong hands.
8. Malwarebytes for Android
Malwarebytes is a known name as a desktop security application. It has recently developed security software for mobile phones. I am using it on my Lenovo ThinkPad and android phone for quite some time now and I am satisfied with its results. It is a lightweight app that protects your devices from ransomware, Trojans, malware, adware, and spying apps.
- Apart from real-time protection from virus and malware threats, it also offers on-demand manual scanning of android devices.
- Malwarebytes automatically detect Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) and alert you via an on-screen message about the severity of the app.
- Scans SD card and internal memory.
- Scans all the third-party apps (not from google play store) before installation on phone.
- Deep scan mode scans and eliminates any app or file disguised as ransomware.
- This free security app suggests remedial actions from time to time based on its security audit.
- The application manager let you keep track of which apps are running and allows you to mark the reliable apps as whitelisted apps.
- You get real-time security status on the home screen and in case of any threat, you can take remedial action from the home screen itself.
9. Bitdefender Antivirus
AV-TEST has awarded Bitdefender as the best android security software for the last two consecutive years. It is an advanced security app against all the latest cyber threats and data theft. Bitdefender is a leader in home and business security and has over five hundred million users worldwide.
- Bitdefender boasts a 100% detection rate as far as malware is concerned. The database is updated with the latest virus definitions to block rising cyber threats.
- The option of a manual scan is available.
- Bitdefender maintains the account details of emails intact through the stringent validation process.
- You can open the locked apps with the touch of your finger with the feature of the fingerprint
- It offers safe browsing by detecting and blocking any kind of malicious activity on the internet.
- The anti-theft feature offers a number of tools to protect and locate lost phones. You can control it by sending SMS commands, removing data by using the internet, and turning on the loud alarm on it.
- Bitdefender takes a snapshot of anybody who tries to infringe on your android device.
- The privacy advisor feature keeps an eye on apps that try to undermine the privacy of your phone data.
Protect your Phone by using the Best Antivirus for Android
Protecting your phone from the rising threats of ransomware or malware is the need of the hour. So don’t take any chances to compromise your data privacy and losing out precious data to these online viruses. These are the best and free antivirus software for all your android devices. Do share your views if you are using any of this software.
Share Your Views: