The Five Best PDF Annotators on iPad
There is no denying that the Apple Pencil, which comes in packed with the iPad, has made it work on iPads so much more convenient and refined. However, while using this pencil is easy, finding an annotator that provides tools to use this pencil to the best of its ability can be a challenging task.
If you are someone who recently bought an iPad and would like to use it for handling several of your PDF files, then we are sure you must be in search of the best PDF annotator for iPad. If this is the case, and you want to know some of the exceptional annotators for iPad in the market, then we have a few listed for you below:
Part 1: Top 5 PDF Annotators on iPad and iPhone
While there are multiple PDF annotators for iPad in the market, we are sure you’d want to know about the ones that work the best on an iPad and have excellent tools. If this is the case, we have a few listed for you below:
1. UPDF for iOS
Undeniably, one of the lightweight and fastest PDF editing tools on our list has to be UPDF, which you can use on iPad. This particular software comes with an instinctive interface and also works as a file manager which can be used to manage and view PDF files and several different formats like HTML, PPT, TXT, Docs, PNG, JPG, MP3, and MP4, among many others.
UPDF for iOS also lets users secure their files with a Face, Touch ID, and with an extra password. Moreover, its excellent annotating PDF tools like writing pens, shapes, stamps, sticky notes, erasers, underlining, highlighting, stickers, signatures, etc., make it so much more convenient and easier to use.
The software also lets you view setup, add texts and images to PDFs, edit PDF files, draw figures, markup PDF texts, and make comments in the margins. The application contains a rich set of tools, and it will make the annotating and editing experience on your iPad so much more effortless.
- UPDF offers users a time-saving and blazing-fast experience.
- It provides access to powerful and high-quality PDF annotating tools.
2. iAnnotate PDF
Another great name on our list of the best PDF annotators for iPad happens to be iAnnotate. This particular PDF editing software has excellent and unique features that enable a similar writing experience and make it as easier as writing on a paper.
The service lets you view the PDF documents in full-screen mode and pan through it easily with your fingers. Furthermore, with its excellent annotation tools like highlights, shapes, text boxes, notes, arrows, underlines, and stamps, users can draw attention to the different parts of a document.
- iAnnotate PDF is simple and intuitive to use.
- This software offers a comprehensive set of tools for annotating PDFs.
- Users have reported encountering glitches when downloading documents from the internet to annotate on their iPads.
- The toolbar takes up a lot of space, which makes it inconvenient for users when working on documents.
With its excellent feature set and user-friendly interface, Notability falls in quite quickly on our list of the best iPad apps for annotating. The main highlights of this application include robust handwriting recognition, which can easily convert handwriting into text.
Moreover, the service allows adding clear and rich media like audio and video annotations with ease. This tool is versatile when it comes to note-taking and is an excellent choice to use on iPads.
- It lets you lock your folders with Passwords for better security and privacy.
- It has a cloud storage integration, which ensures that your notes are accessible across various devices.
- It is only available for iOS, and hence, users outside the Apple ecosystem cannot use it.
4. PDF Reader
The PDF Reader is an excellent application that is not only easy to use but also syncs with Dropbox. So, all of the annotated PDF files that you edit are saved automatically to the system.
Moreover, using these tools, users can save the documents to their devices and annotate them offline as well. When it comes to exceptional text selection tools in the app, which lets users highlight and copy texts on the documents, it can be pretty helpful.
On top of this, other annotation tools on the app let a user draw shapes, write notes on the pages of the document, and also let users fill an entire page with sticky notes if they want. How cool is that!
- The service is easy to use and intuitive.
- PDF reader contains excellent features.
- It gets slower for bigger files, and the software can hang.
- The software updating process is inconvenient and causes compatibility issues.
Goodnotes is an application that was created by Time Base Technology back in 2011 to replace the use of pen and paper with a more robust digital notetaking experience. The software, over the years, has displayed incredible services, which has ensured it a consistent ranking as one of the top-ranked applications on the Apple App Store.
The full-featured application comes packed with all the tools you need to write down and organize your ideas and make edits, including nesting folders, flashcards, page customizations, collaborative capability, and AI tools.
- The service offers an initial free plan that lets users make three notebooks with all the excellent tools initially without any cost.
- It is an excellent pick for all the newbies in the digital notes world.
- Goodnotes, though, offers a lot of colors; users can only pre-save three as their top picks.
- Users cannot sync between two different device types (Apple and Windows) with this software.
If you were searching for the best PDF annotator for iPad, then we hope that our list of the best five PDF annotating tools for iPad was helpful for you in choosing the one that suits you best. In our opinion, UPDF is the best tool to annotate PDF on iPad, and with the service providing a 63% off time-limited special offer, we highly urge you to download it today.