Every computing device whether it is a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile device has a storage device where all the system files and your personal data are stored. In a laptop or a computer, the storage device is called a hard disk drive(HDD) or the latest solid-state drive(SSD).
Losing valuable data from a storage drive is nothing less than a disaster. Anybody can lose the data unexpectedly due to multiple reasons. The most common causes of data loss are:
- Formatting. Sometimes you lose data due to formatting of the drive or changing the partition size.
- Virus. Spyware or virus attacks are common these days. In the absence of strong anti-virus software, you may lose data.
- Infected files. In some cases, it has been found that while cleaning infected files from the hard disk drive, the anti-virus program might erase your important files.
- Abnormal shutdown. While working, if the system shuts down suddenly, there are high chances of losing data.
- Human Error. A person can also delete the files mistakenly.
- System freeze. The storage drive can get corrupted if the system hangs or freezes repeatedly.
Therefore it said that having a backup is of utmost importance. There are multiple ways to recover data from hard drive if you have a backup. The windows operating system has inbuilt tools to recover your lost files. Some of the methods are:
- Windows backup utility. You can recover your files from the backup and restore option.
- System Image. The Windows inbuilt option of “ System Image Recovery” helps you to restore data that is the exact copy of the partition that hosts the OS.
But what to do in case you do not have any backup of data with you? Well, In that case, there are many good third-party tools to recover files, and FoneLab Data Retriever is one such tool that we will be reviewing here.
Key Features of FoneLab Data Retriever
1. FoneLab helps you recover files of multiple formats. You can recover images, audio, emails, video files, documents, and much more.
2. It is capable to recover data not only from hard disk drives but also from memory cards, flash drives, external drives, and digital cameras.
3. This recovery tool is compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems.
4. The FoneLab can recover data irrespective of the cause of data loss.
5. Privacy is another key feature of FoneLab as it does not save the recovered data to its own server.
6. The interface of FoneLab data recovery software is quite simple and user-friendly.
7. It also offers a free trial for 30 days with full features.
How to use FoneLab
1 Download Software
The first step is to download and install the software on your system. Depending on the operating system, You can choose either the Mac or windows version of the software. In case you need to recover files from any external drive you need to connect it to your PC or laptop.
After the installation is complete, you will be asked to choose the type of file to recover and the destination location where you want to save the recovered files.
2 Data Scanning
In the next step, you need to select the drive or the partition from where you want to recover files. In scanning also, there are two types of scanning. One is a quick scan which scans the drive at a much quicker pace. In case the data is not recovered in quick scan mode, you can go for the deep-scan mode which might take more time but at the same time also guarantees better results.
3 Data Recovery
Once the scanning is complete, the interface will show the recovered files. It also features a Filter option to select a particular type of file or you can retrieve all the files. Once selected, you just need to click the RECOVER button to get all your lost files back.
The FoneLab software is indeed loaded with many valuable features that help you recover data from almost any circumstance of data failure. Having said that, it is always advised to back up your data at regular intervals. You can download the free trial of FoneLab and share your experience in the comments section.