Gaming is one of the huge sources of entertainment as one can download and play hundreds of the latest and popular games. Since skilled or seasoned gamers perpetually wish to manifest their skills to friends, game recording software comes in handy.
There are loads of video game documenting software packages available within the market. Selecting one can be a difficult task for you. Therefore, here is the list of some gaming software for you to enhance your gaming experience.
Among all the game recording software, Open broadcast is considered the best because of its free usage and amazing features. You can effortlessly use it on Mac, Windows, or any operating system according to its compatibility.
It is the finest recording software that spontaneously records the gameplay with high quality. This software can be easily downloadable without any fee. the interface of the software is fine and appealing.
Open Broadcast Software is the best tool of the lot because of its open-source nature and flexibility. The majority of gamers prefer Open Broadcaster Software or OBS. OBS is easy to use, as you are not required to change any extra settings, select the source which you would like to record, and start recording.
- It is popular because OBS is free and openly available software.
- You can avail of cross-platform support too.
- It can enhance your recording experience by providing various plugins.
- It provides huge community support.
- The UI is not user-friendly.
The tagline of the recording software says it all. “Record Everything” has the ultra-high quality that records at high frame rates like 4k Ultra HD resolution. You can avail its free access too. One can easily record at high bitrates and frames with the help of Bandicam.
Bandicam issues the compression features which make sure that the recorded game video is in a required size without quality loss. We can use these documents in case of gaming purposes or other PC activities.
- Bandicam assists more than two recording modes which include Screen/Device/Game Recording.
- Users can record the game in full-screen, region, webcam, and microphone.
- It holds up the period of drawing, adds digital camera overlay, schedules recording, mixes voice, adds mouse impact, etc.
- It has a built-in compression feature.
- Lack of built-in video editor in Bandicam.
The next best recording tool in the peddle is Action. Action software is used to capture video of a real-time game with high definition and can also add live commentary. Action software is compatible as it goes with any Windows version and supports more than one video format – AVI and MP4.
It results in high-quality MP4 at the rate of 60fps gaming clips by employing Intel QSV, Nvidia NVENC, or AMD APP hardware acceleration. Once you are done with recording, Action software can stream videos on different platforms such as YouTube, Livestream, Ustream, etc.
Features of Action Software
- It is known for having the best user interface, it is the most popular among gamers.
- You can record your game in slow motion.
- Windows users can install this software as it is compatible with windows.
- Stable while recording the games.
- The frame rates in Action software cannot be customized, and they take a lot of memory
- In free mode, game recording time is limited to 10 minutes only.
LoiLo game recorder is most renowned for its weightless video game recording software. LoiLo helps us to record ongoing video games and edit the recorded game video with numerous features. LoiLo also bears Motion-JPEG. With the help of Motion-JPEG, the user can reach the best equilibrium between the file size and image quality.
Features of LoiLo Game Recorder
- It contains minimum performance loss.
- LoiLo records the games for free without any restrictions.
- Users can create outstanding Full HD video in reasonable file size.
- It is not compatible with Windows Vista, XP, and Windows 10.
The easiest to handle software is Gamecaster. You can use this software for recording your game while playing HD quality. It is also famous for streaming and you can start your recording with a single click. You can assemble the settings of the software according to you. Gamecaster software provides many good features l like Annotations, watermarks, and many more that you may love to find out on using it
Features of the Software
- It is free software with all the necessary features.
- It has an appealing and tempting user interface.
- You get options to record locally or stream to all popular platforms with a single click.
- Less useful to advanced users.
- It works efficiently on windows version 8, 10, and 7
6. Dxtory Game Recording Software
Dxtory is light-weighted software with a lot of interesting features. Dxtory is one of the lightest software, yet quite robust. Dxtory has a very basic which makes it accessible to understand all settings and use them.
The audio settings of Dxtory are robust. It can record two sounds simultaneously, for instance, game sound, and microphone sound. You can edit the sound later.
- It has a basic UI.
- Intuitive user experience.
- It comes with many customization choices.
- It has annoying trial notifications.
- It is not for casual users.
It uses Nvidia GPU, and you must be aware of the prompts to install GeForce Experience on your PC. Nvidia drivers not only update the software but also embrace an amazing feature known as ShadowPlay. This driver allows the effortless recording of games while playing.
GPU (Nvenc) is the most desirable feature of ShadowPlay. In ShadowPlay, GPU (Nvenc) is used to handle the video encryption, which means there is not much interruption of CPU power.
- There is no charge.
- It is straightforward for use.
- It avails GPU to handle encryption.
- It performs only with Nvidia GPU software.
- It doesn’t consist of as many features as other software has.
It is Windows-compatible ad handy recording software that is highly popular and easy to use. Fraps is a very convenient software. It is user-friendly because it does not involve overwhelming settings or configurations pages like other game recording software. You are good to go with a single click on the relevant movie area.
Fraps come with a bunch of features that comprise the manual settings of the frame rates. You can set the custom FPS, and the manual range goes from 30 to 120 fps.
You can even set the FPS value below 30 as per your requirement. Fraps also facilitate the recording of audio with the help of outside input.
- Easy, lightweight, and installable software
- Gamers can set custom FPS values.
- It can effortlessly capture the sound and audio from outside internal device
- The size of the recorded video is high.
Movavi is another video recording tool that comes with two stunning features that include screen capturing and post-editing. Movavi is best known for its modern user interface with uncomplicated navigation. It bears a resolution of up to 4K use for screen recording with built-in audio. IN MOvavi Software, you can add a webcam and microphone voice-over with the process of screen recording. This awesome feature is appreciated by many.
- It is a feature-packed software.
- It comes with many editing options.
- It reinforces screen resolution up to 4K.
- It can record a part of the screen.
- It also converts the screen recording to GIF immediately.
- It is high priced.
- It provides a restricted free trial.
D3DGear is an entry-level tool that is used widely for recording games. This video recording software does not need any fancy setup as it is easy as a piece of cake. It just needs an installation, and with a click, it starts recording your gameplay footage. It is weightless software that has a built-in compression system that compresses all the videos recorded with it.
The real-time features state that despite having less space in the drive you can still record a video. This software impulsively recognizes the games and connects with them with a click of a hotkey, which starts and stops recording.
- Not too tempting but a basic UI.
- It is effortless to use.
- Real-time compression.
- It is great for streaming on popular live-stream websites.
- It comes with limited features.
- It has an outdated UI design.
Camtasia is a new approach to in-game recording software. There is no restriction in the changing of the recording setting, and in adjusting the recording window size.
You can alter the things as per your call. You can get access to use a camera and microphone for recording purposes.
Features such as comprehensive video editing software to assist users in adding effects, text, transitions, etc., are some innovative features to target video.
- It can record the full-screen, window, region, webcam, and microphone.
- It has a feature of a video editor to edit recorded game videos as imported videos.
- It supports the green screen effect of making it seem as if you are a part of the action.
- It is simple to incorporate animated items, like callouts and scrolling text.
- It offers only free for 30 days with a watermark.
- The cost is comparatively high for ordinary users.
ShareX is a software tool that has some restrictions. It is advanced software that is formed for professional developers and power users. It contains a complicated editing feature and is not suggested for beginners. An experienced editor can grab the editing part and can handle the software too.
You can convert the screen recording of the game into a GIF. Users have the freedom to change the hotkey according to their needs. In this software, you can take a screenshot and can acquire content from the web pages.
- You can record the whole screen.
- The user can fluctuate hotkeys for easy usage.
- Users can add their watermarks.
- The game recording quality may be low and not as per expectations
- It does not provide a webcam recording option.
- The video editor option is also not available.
ManyCam is a live streaming app, used in Windows and Mac. It is recording software with a dual benefit and can be also used as streaming. There is no need to have two different software for two different purposes. You can also stream live on YouTube and Facebook via this software. Its features comprise such as automatic bitrate settings, 3D masks and filters, green screens, and much more. In ManyCam, it is necessary to purchase a license in the future. ManyCam comes with a subscription model by default, and it also offers a lifetime license.
- It can be used for both streaming and game recording.
- It has value-packed features.
- Its integrations with YouTube as well as Facebook.
- It is costly as compared to other software.
Ezvid is a simple and easy recording software in Windows 10. It is free software but time-consuming for many users. Users can easily record gaming videos and can upload them on any platform within few moments. This recording software is user-friendly software especially for those who have a habit of making games videos frequently.
- The speed of the videos can be controlled by the user.
- It comes with a modern interface, which is easy to use.
- With the help of this software, videos can be uploaded easily.
- There are few minor bugs in this software.
- The users can’t record the full screen of their PC.
Icecream software is a convenient game recording software that is used to capture gameplay to share with others. The startling features of the software include the ability to record webcam along with the screen recording. This software supports the capturing audio as well as annotation features for each screenshot and screen recordings. Users don’t need any prior experience to operate it. Icecream has an attractive feature that permits you to customize the logo on your recordings. It can effortlessly share your videos on various platforms, for instance, YouTube, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
- It permits webcam recording as an overlay.
- Video editor is built within the software.
- It supports custom logo watermarks as well.
- It has a restricted free version.
16. Radeon ReLive
Radeon ReLive is a company’s proprietary software which was earlier known as the AMD ReLive software. It is well-known game recording software, and it uses the GPU for the encryption process to save the CPU for other matters.
It comes with the support for upscaling, and it is a bit complicated too. Radeon ReLive is similar to AMD GPU.
- It is free to use.
- It comes with an easy setup and is simple to use.
- It supports upscaling.
- It works only with AMD GPUs.
- It does not have as many features as dedicated recording software.
Wondershare is a solid recording software followed by many crucial tools. This software records the screen and system audio one by one so you can edit it independently. It shows that this software comes with extra flexibility. The software also supports effects such as green screen, transitions, zoom and pan, and many more. Users can add narrations when they are done with the recording of the game.
Wondershare software comes with AI face identification which identifies the user’s face and blends it smoothly.
- The videos and audio are recorded in separate streams.
- It has a built-in video editor.
- It comes with AI face recognition.
- It does not have the free version.
Finally, summing it up, you can easily record your game while playing with the above-mentioned recording software. Almost, every game recording software records at high quality and resolution. Those who want to make their career as a streamer need to invest in some of the best recording software and setup. We have tried and listed some software to make it easy for you to choose the best software for yourself.