To establish your business successfully, a reliable network of operations is necessary. Therefore, network monitoring is imperative. In the current scenario, networks help in maintaining an association between data centers located globally, including private and public clouds.
Besides, the job of network administrators requires spontaneity while performing network monitoring, which can be extremely daunting. But, if you have the right kind of network monitoring solution by your side, this task can be easily accomplished.
This post will introduce you to ManageEngine OpManager, an easy-to-use, and cost-effective software. This software is designed to monitor network devices like switches, routers, servers, firewalls, storage devices, printers, and anything else you can think of. With this simple software, you can constantly keep track of the network while establishing visibility and control over the same.
What is ManageEngine OpManager?
It is a network management system. ManageEngine OpManager works for the monitoring of server and network, configuration management, bandwidth analysis, and fault management. This software is crafted for businesses of all sizes and lets its users keep track of things like performance metrics, traffic, response time, packet loss, etc., of multiple devices such as virtual machines, routers, servers, and so on.
When any of these devices goes down, OpManager shoots an auto-notification to associated users using email or text messages.
This tool analyzes different traffic bandwidths and patterns that are used by different equipment and applications to balance the system and configure the traffic optimally. This is extremely useful as it allows the users to check out the consumption of bandwidth, including performance metrics on one screen.
Furthermore, this tool is compatible with both Windows and Linux systems and can also be accessed via mobile apps available for iOS and Android devices.
- OpManager lets you monitor the network with more than 2000 performance metrics. This includes instant alerts, intelligent reporting, dashboards, etc.
- It provides details on router performance with the help of metrics such as temperature, voltage, errors, and discards, etc.
- It features switch port monitoring with mapping and port-wise traffic control to identify which devices are connected to the port.
- OpManager allows easy server monitoring for both virtual and physical servers across multiple platforms like Windows, Unix, Linux, Solaris, VMware, etc.
- It also allows in-depth VMware monitoring of virtualized servers with the support of over 70 VMware performance-based monitors.
- It uses WMI credentials to track hyper-v hosts from Microsoft and details guests’ performance using more than 40 deep metrics.
- It facilitates process monitoring of manage and monitor processes executing on discovered equipment via WMI/CLI/SNMP.
- It additionally tracks and manages Ciric XenServer host, storage repositories, and VMs to get an idea about their performance.
Performance and Fault Management
- Track email and SMS with ManageEngine OpManager and be informed whenever you want. OpManager sends instant alerts and notifications if there is any network problem via messages and email.
- It provides workflow automation by automating network alerts at the first level, along with the steps to troubleshoot the same and do maintenance with ease.
- It features SNMP Trap Processing to support and handle around 3000 SNMP traps in a second.
- It also analyzes performance, usage trends, and network availability with customizable reports.
- Equipped with network monitoring tools, it lets you perform first and second-level troubleshooting.
Add-ons and Plug-ins
- With OpManager, you can monitor real-time network usage while keeping track of the topmost users of bandwidth available on your network to ensure that critical business applications get the utmost priority.
- It provides IP address status and scans all of the switches available on the network while also mapping the switch ports to devices down to their physical location.
- It lets you monitor performance across virtual, physical, and cloud environments to make sure that essential business apps meet the expectations of users.
Apart from all the features mentioned above, ManageEngine OpManager also provides support for:
- Datacenter management
- Enterprise-class scalability
- User-oriented software with a friendly user interface to make network monitoring easy. It features interactive graphs and dials, which can be customized or configured as per your requirements.
- 5 days a week customer support and virtualization support to keep a track of the IT networks.
- No need for a third-party code.
- Real-time management and monitoring of storage devices like TapeLibraries and RAIDs.
- Mobile application support.
- Workflow support for executing scripts and verifying outcomes, auto-backup for network configuration, auto start/stop for a process or service, detection for last changes made on the network device, etc.
- Free demo and training sessions, including live webinars to help users gain a better understanding of features and usage.
A bit costly but It’s worth buying considering its premium features.
OpManager can be installed for different OS. The below-given steps show the installation of OpManager Essential for Windows OS.
Step 1: Download and Install OpManager for Windows.
Step 2: After installing as per on-screen instructions, click Yes after reading the license agreement to proceed.
Step 3: Now, choose the directory for installing OpManager and then hit on Next.
Step 4: After this, mention the port number to execute OpManger Web Server and then click on next. By default, 8060 is used as the port number by OpManager.
Step 5: Then, get registered for technical support by giving your details like name, email and then click on next.
Step 6: Now, select either primary or standby server mode followed by clicking on Next.
Step 7: In case the Server mode has opted for Standby, input, the Primary web server host, login, and port details to move ahead with the installation process.
Step 8: OpManager is bundled with PostgreSQL by default. But, it provides support for both MSSQL and PostgreSQL databases. You need to select the database you need and then hit on next.
Step 9: Lastly, tap on the “finish” option to finish the installation.
To sum up
OpManager from ManageEngine is an excellent management and monitoring tool to keep a tab on the performance of network devices, storage devices, routers, and more. Additionally, it is meant to track the performance of virtual and server machines to let you know if there is any extra requirement by the top brass of the company.
We hope with this review; you will be able to get all the information that is needed about this tool for the flawless and smooth functioning of your business.
Share Your Views: