The highly innovative techniques of modern education demand competent gadgets. In the list of ICT gadgets, a laptop remains in the lead due to its comfort and mobility. While considering the list of best laptops for college students we fail to identify one specific model that has been given any special consideration to the needs of students and teachers. It was not true until the launch of the Microsoft Surface Laptop.
Microsoft is known as a leader in the software industry who has stepped into the shoes of knowledge facilitators around the globe and offered Microsoft laptops specially designed to cater to the requirements of educators and learners. This is not a cheap laptop for college students but a carefully designed and manufactured laptop that has the capability to impact the lives of students with huge benefits. If you are looking for the best laptops for students then this is the right place to know more about the Surface Laptop by Microsoft.
What’s New in Microsoft Surface Laptop
Before we discuss the features in detail, let us peep into the technical specifications of the Microsoft Surface Laptop. It will also help those who are tight on time and want to get the feel of this stunning machine in a quick time.
Technical Specifications at a glance
- Operating System. Windows 10 S
- Screen Size.5 Inches (PixelSense)
- Resolution. 2265 x 1504 (3.4 million pixels)
- Touch. Surface Pen-enabled multi-touch display
- Processor. Option to choose from Intel i5 or i7 (7th generation)
- Memory(RAM). 4GB/8GB/16GB
- Storage device. SSD (128GB/256GB/512GB)
- Webcam. HD camera(720p)
- GPU. Integrated graphics with Intel Hd620(i5) and Intel Iris Plus 640(i7)
- Ports. 3.5mm AV jack/USB 3.0/ mini display port
- Security Hardware. Trusted Platform Module(TPM) chip
- Body Colors. Cobalt Blue, Graphite Gold, Platinum, and Burgundy
- Battery Life. Up to 14.5 hours
Features of Microsoft Surface Laptop
Design and Looks
The Surface Laptop weighs 2.7 pounds and with a maximum thickness of 14.47mm, it is the thinner and the lighter laptop in its category. The sleek design allows it easy to carry and fit in the bag. The laptop is beautifully crafted which gives it an elegant look. You have the option to complement your personal style with a choice of four different color combinations with rich tones. Presently the color choice is available on only the Surface laptop i5-7200U model.
The laptop is equipped with a large responsive mouse trackpad and a keyboard with soft keys. The luxurious keyboard is covered with Alcantara fabric that allows easy cleaning. The keyboard and trackpad provide comfortable typing without tiring its users who work for longer hours.
The powerful performance of the surface laptop is backed by Intel’s latest 7th generation processors (3Mb cache with turbo technology) and DDR5 RAM modules. If you are impressed with the long battery life of the MacBook Pro 13”, you will be surprised to know that the battery life of the Surface Laptop is 14.5 hours which is about 4 hours longer than what MacBook offers.
You will certainly be mesmerized by the vibrant and true colors since the display has 3.4 M pixels. The screen is one of the thinnest in its class and you can open it with just a single figure. The 13.5 Inches of the screen is protected with scratch-proof Corning Gorilla glass. The 10-point touch screen has a maximum resolution of 2256 x 1504 pixels. This is one of the best laptops for college students who forget to carry battery chargers with them.
The Microsoft Surface Laptop comes bundled with a more secure and improved Windows 10S. You can upgrade the OS to windows Pro by paying nominal charges. You also get free Office 365 Personal for a complete 1 year.
|Note: In Windows 10S, you can only run apps from Microsoft Store. Learn more about Windows 10S|
To enhance the user experience, Microsoft offers various state-of-the-art accessories that you can purchase separately. Some of the best accessories that you can use with the Surface Laptop are
- Surface Arc mouse. The mouse is ergonomically designed that easily conforms to the hands. The mouse connects through Bluetooth and is light to use.
- Surface Dock. You can easily transform a Microsoft surface laptop into a desktop PC with all the necessary ports. All you need is a surface-connect cable to connect the multiport dock to this Microsoft laptop. The dock has two mini HD video ports, four USB 3.0 ports, an audio port, and an RJ45 LAN port.
- Surface Dial. With the surface dial, you can control the apps on the screen without touching the keyboard or mouse.
Redefine the way you work with Microsoft Surface Laptop
Microsoft has blended the looks with performance in its surface laptop that will undoubtedly empower the next gen college students to transform their ideas into life. Do share your views on how this new surface laptop can be helpful to students and teachers.
Share Your Views: