Presentations give you a chance to tell your story, but if they aren’t put together well, they can be a disaster. That’s why you need PowerPoint templates, like those at TemplateMonster, which are already tried, tested, and true. Used by CEOs, designers, teachers, and students, pre-made slides offer the right balance between time and effort with results that will have an impact on your audience. They help speakers and presenters save time so they can focus on what’s critical: ideas, style, and the audience.
PowerPoint templates are building blocks that show how to structure your presentation. They come in handy when you want to create a new slideshow or if you have one that needs some extra help. Hence, you may take templates as a starting point and tweak them to fit your needs.
Pre-designed, well-structured slides are an excellent tool for anyone who wants to make pitches quickly and easily that look professional.
Layouts range from simple to more complicated. Some of the more complex ones include graphic-rich backgrounds, unique fonts, and animation-based slides. Templates also come with pictures and icons meant to draw attention to the most important parts of a report.
It is imperative to balance the convenience of using a template with the need to create a creative and engaging pitch that stands out from the crowd. Equally significant is knowing the benefits and drawbacks of a PowerPoint theme.
- Using pre-designed slides saves time and effort, especially for those who don’t have experience with graphic design. Therefore, there is no need to design slides from scratch.
- Professional designers who are skilled at producing distinctive and captivating presentations create PPT themes. Therefore, using a pro-made design ensures that it looks visually appealing, polished, and professional.
- Most PowerPoint themes correspond to specific industries, such as finance, education, and business, allowing users to create pitches tailored to their specific needs.
- Templates come in handy in many cases, including conferences, meetings, marketing pitches, business reports, lectures, product demonstrations, and more.
- Due to high customization, it is easy to edit and customize the layout. In particular, you can add a personal touch by adding your company logo or images.
- Nevertheless, some users may struggle with PowerPoint’s learning curve and hence be unable to edit placeholders or add diagrams, for example.
- Pre-designed slides can limit creativity and originality, but if you’re not a creative person, the PPTX templates can increase productivity and reduce costs.
Consider some factors before settling on a PowerPoint theme. The following advice should help you choose wisely.
- Consider the purpose of your project. If it is for an event or meeting, then opt for a more formal theme with a professional feel and look. If it is for an internal meeting or conference, choose one that has a more casual feel and design.
- Think about the type of content you will be presenting during your speech. What kind of colors do you want? Should your slides include a lot of text? What font do you prefer? What about graphics? Which is more appropriate — static or interactive?
- Think about how long you want your presentation to last. Will it last 30 minutes or up to 2 hours? This determines which slide format is better suited to the length of time that you want to present and also what font size should be applied.
- Think about the audience. Who are you presenting to? Are they familiar with the topic or do they need more explanation? Adapting the speech to the audience will make it more engaging and effective.
- Consider how much technical jargon and terminology you will use in your talk. In particular, if your audience doesn’t know these terms, it might help to give them definitions or examples to make sure they understand what you’re saying. Depending on how much they know about the subject, you may also want to change the pace and tone of your talk.
- Lastly, it is imperative that you feel confident about the look of your presentation before you begin using it. This will ensure that you are not stuck with a design that doesn’t work for you or your audience.