A virtual Private Network, widely known as VPN, is an internet-based service that protects the user’s privacy. And also help for bypassing some restrictions and censorship. VPN creates an encrypted tunnel through which users’ data pass. VPN, without exposing your identity to the public internet, acts like a middleman between you and the remote servers.
Understanding how these tools work and how they will help you is crucial. Using Surfshark will make you anonymous in the internet world, and you can access restricted and blocked sites in general.
How to put “Surfshark VPN” to use?
When we are thinking of a VPN, we normally consider a commercial VPN being sold to the consumer for regular life usage, but the world of a VPN is much more than just an application. Companies have long used VPN technology for their employees to access their company data resources from any remote area with just the help of their VPN and internet. So, how to download VPN?
When you turn on the VPN, it creates a data tunnel called an encrypted connection between you and the remote servers. All your traffic will pass through this tunnel to the remote server, and then the server sends your data traffic to the internet as the public domain. And like the same process, data comes back to your pc through the VPN.
Key Features of Surfshark V
- A no-log policy: In this no-log policy, the VPN provider only stores your login data like phone number, mail id, and name. Not more than that, they won’t be authorized to collect, track or log your personal information.
- Ad Blocker: it stops unwanted ads from any video popup, website, or search engine ad while browsing the internet. Adblocker also increases the browsing experience in general.
- Kill switch: Kill switch is used to cut your device’s connection to the internet. If your VPN connection breaks, this kiss switch automatically cuts the connection to the internet. Without this kill switch, your valuable data could be visible to anyone on the internet until your VPN connects.
- Shared IP address: using this technology, various users can use one single IP address, which is impossible to track one person’s data because so many people are using the internet simultaneously.
Speed and Overall Performance
Setting up a VPN connection is very simple or tricky, depending on whether you use a VPN app or manual configuration on your devices. It is straightforward to activate any VPN. But sometimes, it takes some technical knowledge to manually set up and install it on any device or router that doesn’t support VPNs.
Most devices have built-in VPNs that you can configure to your liking. But these in-built VPNs are less secure than third-party Providers.
Cost of Surfshark VPN
Surfshark VPN provides an affordable subscription compared to some other leading VPN providers. In Surfshark, you can have unlimited devices with the same features on every device. They have a monthly subscription of $2.49 to $12.95, according to the length of your term. As the length of the term increases, the price will be decreased.
Surfshark’s biggest subscription is only for monthly $2.49 for a two-year package, but the current deal that’s made it even cheaper and economical is giving users two months of free services on the two-year plan. The average monthly cost is only $2.30 for the entire 26 months.
Pros and Cons of Surfshark VPN
VPN acts like a middleman between you and the remote servers without exposing your identity to the public internet.
- They protect you against malware attacks: If anybody knows your IP address, they cannot target you. So if you are a gamer and want to play without any fear of malware attack, then using a VPN is the best option. But VPN only helps protect your connection and personal computer.
- You can safely work from home: VPNs let you use your company’s network when working remotely, ensuring you can access your data and stay protected with your company’s security features.
- Help you access restricted content: Using a VPN, you can browse the internet from a server outside your country and access geo-restricted content.
- Anonymous payment option: You are as anonymous as your payment method. Paying with a credit card leaves records on your banking statement and the company’s accounting logs. This helps to check whether your selected services support various payment methods like prepaid cards, cryptocurrency, or other payment options. The important thumb rule of privacy is the lesser the personal data you give, the better the privacy you get.
- There is no right cybersecurity product, and using a VPN also comes with some risks.
- If your VPN is unsafe and secure, hackers can intercept your data by impersonating the VPN servers.
- Top service providers have cut tunneling protocols like point-to-point ones because some providers still use old protocols.
- When selecting a VPN, choose a provider with a no-log VPN, as some provider provides personal data to the government if they get asked.
Conclusion – Is “Surfshark VPN” Worth the Hype?