Gone are the days when you need to outsource editing jobs. Thanks to technological advancements in software applications that have made tasks easy in almost every field and video editing is no exception. With advanced editing features and a user-friendly interface, you can create pro compositions for both home use and professional film and TV shows. For Apple devices, there is a decent number of free and paid versions of video editors available. To help you pick the best one, we have researched and picked the 5 best video editing software for Mac.
List of Best Video Editing Software for Mac
iMovie for Apple
iMovie is a free video editing software for Mac OS and iOS. It supports multiple Apple devices. You can browse and edit the clips on your iPhone and finalize it on Mac. This video editing program lets you create state-of-the-art movies in 4k resolution. iMovie is compatible with iOS 11.2 and later versions. With the release of the iMovie 10.1.9 version, many issues like slow import from SD card, sending projects made in iMovie to Finalcut Pro, incompatibility with iPhone X, and others are resolved. This is an improved version that brings more overall stability to the video editing tool.
- The user-friendly interface allows you to browse the clips in a full-screen browser and lets you mark them and share the part or full clips instantly.
- Create stunning professional videos with studio-quality credits and ten cinematic filters to choose from.
- Play with the soundtracks, use your own voice and pick soundtracks from the built-in
- Create blockbuster movie trailers by using trailer templates and original tracks from renowned film composers.
- You can use multiple Apple devices to edit or create videos and watch them finally on iMovie theatre.
- If you possess the latest MacBook Pro, many handy commands are available on its touch bar for handy usage.
- iMovie enhances productivity by offering features like picture-in-picture (PIP) and split screens.
Apple Final Cut Pro
With an intuitive design and powerful new features, Final cut pro helps editors to create and complete post-production editing jobs with ease in lesser time. Built on a 64-bit architecture, this program is capable to handle large frame sizes, complex projects, and high frame rates. The minimum hardware requirement for editing 360-degree videos, 3D titles or 4K video editing is 8GB RAM and a dedicated graphics card with at least 1 GB video memory. Apple final cut pro is indeed one of the most reliable video editing software for Mac.
- You can view the (source) 360-degree files in the attached VR headset while editing the same file simultaneously in the Final cut pro application
- With a range of professional organizing tools, you can tag the clips and can create collections based on customized conditions.
- Apart from creating 2D and 3D titles, this video editing software lets you create high-quality blue and green screen effects.
- You can optimize the multi-channel audio by removing the noise and using built-in plugins for EQ or audio compression.
- Option to choose from dozens of presets to create final video format for YouTube, Apple TV, Vimeo, iPad, iPhone, Facebook, and Blu-rays.
Filmora wondershare comes with a modern yet user-friendly interface. It is an easy-to-use video editing program and people with little or no knowledge about editing can learn from Filmora. So whether it is dragging the motion graphics or using filters or titles, you get plenty of other handy tools to create beautiful videos to impress the viewers.
- Supports video editing at 4k resolution.
- Option to import the clips and videos directly from social media accounts like Facebook.
- You can remove unwanted sounds from the clips easily.
- Move your videos a hundred times faster or slower.
- To bring optimum precision in both video and audio tracks, you can jump through one frame at a time.
- The facility of recording the PC screen and webcam.
- Picture-in-picture(PIP) and split screen functionality.
- You can edit the font, color, and animation of text in titles.
- Easily separate the audio and video files from each other to edit them independently.
Download Filmora Video Editing Software
Movavi Video Editor Plus
Another on the list of best video editors for Mac is the Movavi Video Editor Plus which is both powerful and fast and is compatible to work on Mac as well as Windows Operating software. All you need is a minimum effort to create engaging content with this program. Apart from the basic video editing capabilities, you also get advanced tools that include keyframe animation, motion tracking, and Chroma key. The instinctive controls and the clean interface let you enjoy video editing tasks more effectively on your iPad, MacBook, or iMac.
- Built-in Titles, Filters, and transitions.
- Allows you to upload directly on Google Drive, Youtube, and Vimeo
- All popular audio and video formats are available on the interface to export.
- On the timeline, you get unlimited tracks
- Regular releases and updates are provided based on users’ feedback.
Download video-editing software by Movavi
Media Composer by Avid
Whether you are an ambitious movie-maker or a vlogger, you need to test Media composer editing tools. You can share your ideas and stories by directly publishing them on social media channels like YouTube or Vimeo. If you are wishing to start your career in the media and film industry, learning about “Media Composer” is sure to boost your video editing skills.
- Professional-level editing with on-screen step-by-step guidance.
- Timesaving workflows, ACE-certified tools, and media management ensure completing projects in quick time.
- With video fixing tools, you can correct many shortcomings like camera shake, low-light exposure, misalignment in shots, and much more.
- Media Composer supports HDR profiles for rich image output.
- The 64-bit architecture ensures speedy workflows despite high frame rate projects.
- Record and add narrations to your creation, and mix sound effects and music to various elements of the picture.
- Media Composer First is free to use with all the basic arsenal required for video editing. You can additionally purchase more plugins and add-ons for more complex projects.
This video editing tool has been the favorite among professionals working on films, commercials, or television shows. You can use it as both an offline and an online video editor. The free version consists of all the tools needed for color correction, visual effects, post-production for SD, HD, or UHD, and motion graphics in a single application. You can buy the DaVinci Resolve Studio version if you want to work in a multi-user environment to collaborate with sound engineers, colorists, editors, or effect artists.
- Professional editing tools include a customizable keyboard, asymmetric and real-time trimming, multi-cam editing with real-time playbacks, variable and constant speed curves, and a built-in library for filters, transitions, and 2D and 3D templates.
- For advanced visual effects and motion animations, you get built-in tools like vector paint, rotoscoping, powerful keying, 3D compositing, 2D, and 3D titles, and linear and b-spline curves.
- Professional color correction is achieved with 32-bit float image processing, 12 controls to adjust mid-tone or temperature, curve editors, work in HDR, Dolby vision, hybrid log Gama and much more.
- Output directly on the web or go for theatrical distribution with the availability of multi-format publishing.
- You can collaborate with other team members for various post-production roles on shared storage and take decisions instantly with built-in chat options.
Best Video Editing Software for Mac
Once you get a good video editor for Mac, you can surely enjoy editing movies for YouTube or work on editing films, commercials, or TV serials. So whether you are a novice or a seasoned player in video editing, the listed video editor software apps satisfy every editor’s needs. Which software are you using on your Mac? Do share your views in the comments section.
Share Your Views: