Xively is a system for deploying IoT applications on the cloud. It is offered as PaaS. Xively is basically a data collection, management, and distribution infrastructure. It also provides APIs to connect and develop IoT applications.
Xively comes under the category of Connected Product Management (CPM) platform. Xively also provides tools to model your connected business. This capability is highly beneficial to build any IoT based product. Other than that Xively also provides Management as well as operational tools. Xively can be connected to most of the IoT frameworks and microcontrollers in the market to create a ‘smart’ project or product.
Xively Python Libraries can also be used to embed python code as per the Xively APIs. A Xively Web interface is provided to be used for easy implementation of front end interface. Xively also comes with multiple language and platform support. We can implement HTTP protocols, APIs, MQTT. This makes the device connectivity a lot easier with Xively cloud
All the devices can be connected to Xively Cloud for real-time processing and archiving to cloud. IOT application developers can write the frontend for IoT applications as per their requirements. This helps in convenient management of apps with Xively cloud and other APIs. Xively is very popular with companies which deal with IoT based device manufacturing and development. Companies using Xively can rely on the secure connectivity of devices as well as the seamless data management capability.
How to use Xively?
- Programmers or Developers have to register with Xively to use cloud services.
- After registration and account creation, developers can create different devices for which he has to create an IoT app. It can be easily done using the templates provided in the Web Interface of Xively.
- Each connected devices is allocated a unique FEED_ID. It specifies the data stream and metadata of the connected device.
- Once this is done permissions on the IoT devices are assigned using the available APIs. The available permissions are Create, Update, Delete and Read.
- One or more bidirectional channels are created after we connect a device with Xively. Each channel is unique to the device connected.
- Xively cloud is connected with the help of these channels.
- Xively APIs are used by IoT devices to create communication enabled products.
If you are looking for an easy, dependable and secure IoT app deployment and management system, the Xively is for you. If you have been using some excellent IoT app deployment and management system, do share your success story with us. We would love to inspire developers like you through your story.