Online content streaming platforms are trending in the current social outlook toward entertainment. With viewers shifting towards more relaxed forms of watching their favorite content, traditional TV streaming has lost its impact. Looking at the OTT platform choices, Amazon Prime rules the content market with a huge list of subscribers. Ahead of the advantage, there may be scenarios when you need to cancel your Amazon Prime subscription, especially since Amazon Prime is expensive in certain regions of the world. When pondering on how to proceed with the process, the following article can come to your help.
Quick Guide to Cancelling Your Amazon Prime Subscription
Ending your Amazon Prime membership is an easy task with a quick 3-step process. Here’s what you need to do:
- Log in to your Amazon Prime account and head to ‘Amazon Prime Membership’.
- Navigate to the ‘Manage’ option and click on ‘Update’ followed by tapping on the ‘Cancel and More’ option to open the function window.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to cancel your subscription.
When canceling your Amazon Prime subscription, you should pay attention to the platform’s refund policies. There are provisions of full refunds for paid users who have not availed of services and ordered products through the benefits of Amazon Prime.
Paying users who have availed the Amazon Prime services for delivery perks are eligible to receive partial refunds. Members who have used the platform’s additional services, like, Prime Music, Prime Gaming, Prime Video, etc. cannot claim refund eligibility.
Do you like watching Netflix instead? If that is the case, you might want to check out this article where we present the best Netflix tips & tricks.
Terms and Conditions of Amazon Prime Cancellation and Refund Eligibility
Amazon Prime services have certain terms and conditions regarding membership cancellation and refund claims. You should take note of the same when deciding on ending your Amazon Prime membership. Let us have a look at the constraints in what follows next:
- If you have purchased the Amazon Prime subscription from the official Amazon website, you are free to cancel it whenever you like. All you need to do is, navigate to the ‘Your Account’ section in the ‘Settings’ menu and change the membership settings. You can also reach out to Amazon’s dedicated customer service.
- There may be cases when your Amazon Prime benefits have been availed by someone other than you or any other user authorized by you in the running membership period. Amazon promises a complete refund of the subscription fee if you cancel the membership under such circumstances.
- Another scenario is of the Amazon Prime benefits being availed by you or some other user authorized by you. Canceling the membership makes you eligible for a partial refund for the current membership period. The amount is refunded in line with the extent of benefit usage.
- In case you have availed the Amazon Prime through a third-party service, the membership can be canceled by contacting the associated third party. The conditions of subscription refunds depend entirely on the applicable policies drafted by the third-party service.
- There are choices to redeem the Amazon Prime membership through a gift or promotional code. Canceling the membership subscription under such circumstances does not make you eligible for any refunds.
14-Day Right of Subscription Withdrawal
The membership fee paid to Amazon Prime at the time of availing the subscription can be withdrawn within 14 days. There are specific terms and conditions for receiving refunds on membership cancellations under such circumstances as well. Let us take a look at them in what follows next:
- You are eligible for a full fee refund if the Amazon Prime benefits have not been availed by you or some other user authorized by you during the 2 weeks.
- In case the Amazon Prime benefits have been availed by you or any user authorized by you, a partial fee refund is issued. The refund amount depends upon the extent to which the benefits have been used.
- For withdrawing the Amazon Prime subscription within the 14-day duration, you simply need to modify the membership settings in the ‘Your Account’ page of Amazon Prime. Other ways to withdraw the subscription are contacting the customer care service, and filling out the subscription cancellation form.
- Meeting the withdrawal deadline requires you to send a communication with the information about exercising your right to withdraw well ahead of the expiry of the 14-day withdrawal period.
Amazon Prime subscriptions are quite beneficial concerning the diversity of content viewing and purchase advantages they bring to the members’ disposal. However, you may land across the need to cancel your Amazon Prime subscription due to one or the other reason. The process is rather simple, but you pay attention to the cancellation terms and conditions, along with the associated refund policies.