Gmail’s original color looks very glossy and colorful. But do you know how to modify the same? Yes, there are some features that you can use to change the background color and theme. You can start by selecting a background image, and then you go ahead pouring a single color. Moreover, you can use your chosen images from the gallery and upload that in Google drive in order to customize Gmail in your own way. So, things are not very much difficult, and hence, continue reading this article to know the effective ways and modify the background of your Gmail.
Customize the Background through Simple Ways
Thanks to the sprawling features of Gmail such as themes, images, background using which you can do wonders. So, here are some of the most common ways to apply a fresh coat of paint on your Gmail.
Method 1: Personalize Using Themes and Backgrounds
Most of the newcomers don’t have the idea about the inbuilt features that can make your Gmail look classy. Follow the under-mentioned steps to know in detail:
- In order to begin, hit on the Gear icon present above the inbox.
- Thereafter, you can select Themes. It will open up a dialog box containing various themes from where you can easily pick. Every theme will come up with a new image that can modify the Gmail background. You just have to choose from the available list.
- Those which are on the top have images taken by photographers that include chess boards, scenic beauty, etc. So, press the “More images” option to find out amazing Gmail themes.
- Tick the one you wish to set and choose Select so that you can incorporate it on the theme list.
- IF you scroll down to the bottom, you will come across a number of Dark themes along with colors containing themes such as Terminal, Graffiti, etc. You can go ahead and choose any of those.
Apart from these, Gmail gives you the option to customize the modern themes. So, press the row of icons available present at the periphery.
- You will find a Text background that will help you to switch between a light and a dark border for messages as well as buttons.
- With the help of a Vignette slider, you can darken different corners of the image.
- There is a Blur slider that will remove the focus from the image.
- After that, choose your theme.
These modifications are not much in-depth, but they will add a vibrant mode and give a unique look to the Gmail background.
Method 2: Use Gmail Themes Using Photos
Tired of using the same monotonous themes? Well, you will be surprised to know that you can personalize the Gmail theme using Photos taken from the handset. To do that, press My Photos button present on the theme dialog, and Gmail will extract the images from Google Photos.
If you are not done with it, you have to open Google Photos and upload the image which you want in your background. You can also get through the images on your device if you want to choose a series of photos. Simply, hit on the image which you want to use and apply the above steps.
Method 3: How to Enhance the Font Size of Gmail?
Gmail doesn’t’ come up with the feature of enhancing the font size of the inbox or the font. However, you can apply some tweaks to get the desired outcome. Gmail Density function will help you to shorten or broaden the inbox on the basis of display resolution, size of the screen, size of the window browser, etc. Moreover, it can modify the entire view through the transfer of messages, labels as closely as possible, reducing space crunch.
- First of all, press the Settings Gear and then select Cozy, Comfortable, or Compact.
- If you choose Comfortable, it will cover up the maximum space.
- The Compact option will help you to bring everything close to each other.
Always take into consideration; you have the option to zoom in with the help of Gmail. So, you have to hold the Ctrl key and then click on the Plus key. Take your mouse to the top. Now, hold Ctrl as well as O at the same time in order to reset. This is an effective way to enhance the font size as and when required.
Method 4: Modify the Fonts in Gmail
You don’t have the option to modify the font Gmail present on the inbox. However, you can easily be able to alter the fonts you tend to use in messages. In order to achieve this, you need to open Settings. After that, you will find a section on the General tab marked as “Default text style”.
Now, you can get access to the default body texts meant for new emails. Just, you need to hit the buttons present above it in order to modify the size, color, and font. You will get a handful of choices like Verdana, Georgia, etc. But some of them can be alluring.
There is a side button which allows you to choose from the available four sizes. Two are there, which are larger than the original ones. So, now you can easily change the color using typical shades.
Also, you are good to make the changes in order to obtain an enhanced Gmail experience. But always make sure that the changes you make don’t hamper your professionalism and integrity.
To Sum it up
There are some of the Gmail features, which are deep-rooted but changed in recent times. Also, there is nothing very enticing that Gmail Library has for the users. However, the steps mentioned above can help you to modify the background image and give the background a new shining appearance.
Also, there are certain Gmail tools available using which you can make certain customization. So, read this article from scratch to know every bit of it. It will surely be able to guide you through the process. In the end, if you have certain ideas or ways that work for you, make certain to share that in the comment section.