Laser printers are known for printing higher volumes of copies at a low running cost. Laser printers were launched years ago for monochrome printing while inkjet printers were used for color print-outs. With time and evolution of printing gadgets, laser printers are engineered to deliver consistent and crisp color print-outs that are used in offices, schools, and home. As compared to inkjet printers, the laser printers are faster and economical. They can be used for multi functions that include printing colored brochures, statistical graphs, invoices and much more. There are dozens of color laser printers available from various vendors and choosing the one with best features and specifications can be a tedious task for you. We have shortlisted six color laser printers that are best for home and office use.
Reviews of 6 best color laser printers
This is an all in one color laser printer that can scan, print, copy and fax with ease. You can connect it via USB cable or through Wi-Fi and is easy to setup. The vivid and vibrant color print outs of professional grade make this printer more appealing. The speed of 28 pages per minute and the option of duplex printing saves you time and paper. The toner cartridges are low on cost but high on capacity that ensures higher yields at a lesser cost.
- Allows you to operate the printer on the go from any Android or iOS device.
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac.
- User-friendly large touchscreen.
- Toner cartridge(46No.) is long lasting with approx. 2200 black-n-white print-outs.
- No need to remove the seal of toner with auto seal remover technology.
- Wi-Fi Direct allows you to connect up to five devices without any need for a router.
- Best for small and medium businesses.
- A whopping 3-year warranty
Buy this high efficiency printer from Dell if you need speed, security, and energy conservation. The network printing is secured by IPsec and SSL encryption. The secure print feature allows print-outs only after entering a secure PIN. This eco-friendly printer comes with a low toner melt down technology that not only saves power and ink but also lowers the printer warm up time.
- High speed of 28 pages per minute.
- Prints large size files in quick time with Gigabit Network connectivity.
- Comfortable 10-digit keypad supported by large four-line LCD display.
- Power save mode to save energy when the printer is idle.
- Two-sided printing for paper reduction.
- Energy-start and ROHS compliant.
- Connectivity includes Ethernet and USB.
Brother has packed premium business features in this compact color printer that is perfect for limited workspace and falls under a budget price. This is the best all-in-one MFP for small business and home usage. The high quality print-outs are of professional grade and leaves an impressive impression on the reader. Brilliant colors, high yield, and cross-platform connectivity qualify Brother HL3140 in our top list of color laser printers.
- Printing speed is 19ppm
- Prints up to the resolution of 600 x 2400 dpi.
- Paper tray capacity of 250 sheets with separate slots for thick paper and envelopes.
- High output yield of 2200 pages per color toner.
- Saves power with the auto-off feature when the printer is idle.
- Print on the go with google cloud print, AirPrint or iPrint(Brother) app.
- Connectivity via USB, LAN and Wi-Fi
- 1-year warranty.
This is a high performance beast from Brother for smooth document workflow at the office. You can multi-task on this printer as the printer comes with advanced business features that include duplex printing, security lock, and integration with active directory(AD) and much more. This high yield and high speed machine is a must for all business goers who value performance and intend to boost productivity at their workplace.
- High copy and print speed of 33 pages.
- High yield of 4500(black) and 4000(color) per toner.
- Automatic duplexing option
- A large touchscreen display panel.
- Scan documents to smartphones, cloud, USB drive or a network location
- Comes with ADF (automatic document feeder)
- Input paper tray capacity of 300 sheets extendable up to 1050
- Print via AirPrint, iPrint, Google cloud, Mopria or Wi-Fi Direct.
This is a sturdy machine that will not take up much desk space since it is a compact little printer with some great features. The connectivity options include USB, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi ports. HP M254 is an excellent choice for SOHO (small office home office) printing requirements. HP offers one of the finest printing apps for on the go printing from multiple devices.
- Printing speed up to 22 pages per minute.
- Print easily from cloud services like Dropbox or Google Drive via HP smart app.
- Input paper capacity of 250 sheets.
- Color touchscreen for easy setup
- Option of using standard yield (1300 pages) and high yield (3300 pages) cartridges.
- Print from iPhone or Android device in a wireless environment.
- Two-sided color printing is available.
This is an All in one printer from HP with copy, print, scan and fax functionality. It’s a new release MFP from HP and is best for office and home use. The printer is compact and produces professional quality color print outs in quick time. Equipped with wireless and mobile printing, it is capable to streamline office productivity.
- Outputs 22 pages per minute.
- Two-side color printing
- Automatic document feeder.
- A large color touchscreen that measures 2.7 inches for better control.
- Print via Wi-Fi direct or through iOS or Android.
- HP smart app for remote printing.
- Print via NFC touch
- Input sheet capacity of 250 sheets.
Buying Tips to pick the best Color Laser Printer
- Print-speed. Speed is one of the vital factors to look for. It is given in ppm (pages per minute). Higher the ppm better the speed of copying and printing. You may have to shell-out more from your pocket for higher speeds.
- Two-Side Printing. More commonly called duplexing, this feature lets you print on both sides of the printer and saves a lot of paper. Duplexing also enhances the productivity at the office.
- Network. Apart from conventional USB connectivity, the laser printers come equipped with Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity that lets you print in a network environment and print on the go.
- Color Resolution. The color resolution of a printer is measured in dpi that means dots per inch. Higher the dpi, the clearer is the print-out.
- Toner Yield. This is again an important feature you can’t afford to ignore. A Laser toner with higher yield will copy/print a large number of sheets per toner. This incredibly saves a lot of running cost.
- MFP. You need to look at your requirements in order to decide whether you need a mono-function(print-only) or a multi-function Printer(MFP). If you need scanning, copying or fax utilities in addition to printing you can go for an MFP.
- Warranty. Most printers come with a standard one-year warranty but some printer models like Canon Image CLASS offer a 3-year warranty.
The Best Color Laser Printers for your Home and Small office
While many printer brands promise to be great for home and business printing, you need to be careful before picking the best that meets your needs. We have featured a host of color laser printers to suit different environments, budget, and specific needs. So, buy the best for you and do let us know which one fits best for you and why. We’d love to read your feedback about your experience with a Laser Printer.