Connecting devices or laptops to Google Home is pretty easy if the user follows the necessary steps. Knowing how to connect to Google Home is easy if the device is straight out of the box. With the rise of third-party software, creating a connection between Google Home and any device is possible.
It is important to note that the first step to integrating Google Home into a device is connecting to a Wi-Fi network. Setting up Wi-Fi with Google Home can be confusing unless applying the proper steps.
This review examines how anyone can connect to Google Home using different devices.
Different Ways To Connect To Google Home
Google Home devices are useful with an Internet connection. There are different devices able to be connected to Google Home. Below are the different ways to connect with Google Home and how to connect with some devices:
Connecting Google Home to a Wi-Fi Network
The first step to take before using Google Home is by connecting it to a Wi-Fi network. Connecting to Wi-Fi involves the following steps:
- Plug in the Google Home.
- Ensure the app for Google Home is present in either the Android smartphone or iPhone.
- After the download is complete, double-check which network the phone uses and set up the Google Home device.
- After opening the Google Home application, click on the plus (+) icon and select the Setup Device option.
- Go to the “Setup Devices in Your Home” option to set up a home profile. This profile allows Google to know the purpose of using the device. Once the process is complete, the smartphone will attempt to locate the Google Home device.
Connecting Google Home to Windows Pc
Connecting to Google Home comes in different categories. It includes integrating google home apps for windows devices. Below are the steps involved in connecting Google Home to Windows Pc:
- Go to Google Home and find the desired speaker to pair with the Windows computer.
- Search for the “Paired Devices” option. Go to the bottom of the screen display and select the “Pairing Mode” button.
- Once the pairing mode activates, the next step is to connect Google Home to Office Speaker.
- After connecting to Office Speaker, go to the Bluetooth settings on the Windows Pc. Search for a device known as “Office Speaker” when adding a new Bluetooth device.
Connecting Google Home to Bluetooth Devices
Another means of connecting to Google Home is through Bluetooth devices such as smartphones and tablets. Below are steps to follow when connecting Google Home to Bluetooth devices;
- Start by launching the Google Home application on the tablet or smartphone.
- Tap the “Devices” button that appears on the top corner display of the Android or iPhone screen.
- Search the Google Home speaker you would like to connect to by selecting the three-dot icon. Next, tap on the “Settings” options.
- Select the “Paired Bluetooth Devices” option by scrolling down to the bottom of the menu.
- Activate a pairing connection by tapping on the “Enable Pairing Mode” button.
- Go to the tablet or smartphone’s Bluetooth settings and pair it with Google Home when the signal pops up.
- When the pairing is complete, Google Home plays a chime. After this, the user will be able to listen to music through the Google Home speaker. The sound will be just like any other Bluetooth music player.
Some Best Features of Google Home
1. Finding Lost Devices
One unique feature of Google Home is its ability to find misplaced tablets or smartphones around the house. This feature uses voice command and works for both Apple and Android phones. “Hey Google, find my phone” can ring the missing device to reveal its location.
2. Voice Shopping
Smartphone users can shop for products from various retail and online stores by using Google Home. After going through the application process, buyers can use voice commands via Google Home devices to shop. The voice shopping feature works with stores like Wal-Mart, Bed, and others.
3. Switching to Night Mode
Google Home comes with a night mode feature that lowers its volume and dims its light to avoid disturbing the household. This feature can work with either a trigger or manual reset every day.
4. Playing White Noise
Google Home’s white noise feature is ideal for people who have trouble falling asleep. Playing white noise can help anyone drift into a peaceful sleep. A user can activate the white noise feature with a simple command. These commands include “Google, play whale sounds” or “Google, play the sound of rain.”
5. Making Hands-Free Calls
Google Home has a built-in feature for handling hands-free calls to anyone in the user’s Google contact list. A hands-free call activates with a voice prompt saying, “Hey Google, call Mr.…….” It will dial the recipient on its own. Since Google Home recognizes voices, it will identify the user’s voice.
6. Acting as an Intercom
One of Google Home’s most exciting features is the Google Home Broadcast. The Home Broadcast feature gives users the chance to use Google Home as an intercom to communicate with other people around the house. To use this feature, the user will need to set up Google Home speakers in crucial areas around the house.
Other Devices Compatible with Google Home
Google Home pairs and connects with hundreds of devices using a voice-activated control setup. Below are a few devices that work well with Google Home:
1. Chrome Casts
Chromecast is one of the devices that are compatible with Google Home. Once paired, the user gets instant access to Google Assistant voice controls. By making a simple voice command, the user gets to select favorite shows from streaming sites like YouTube and Netflix.
2. Google Nest Hubs
The Google Nest Hub is a communication center and speaker for Google Assistant’s screen. Google Nest Hub uses Google Home to play music and track the user’s sleep.
Thermostats are devices that embody the innovative home features of Google Home. It learns the user’s habits and makes minor tweaks overtime to conserve energy. A thermostat isn’t just about voice control; it adapts cooling and heating temperatures, so rooms get enough air conditioning during the summer.
4. Security Cameras
Security cameras work in sync with Google Home for excellent and efficient service. After pairing a security camera with Google Home, the user can activate it with a voice command such as “Hey Google, set the security camera to away.”
5. Smart Plugs
Pairing a smart plug to Google Home enables the user to set time schedules and gain control of the plug using a smartphone app. A smart plug is ideal for controlling fans and lamps in bedrooms without leaving the bed. It saves energy by cutting off power to other devices that are not in use.
Connecting other devices to Google Home is an effortless task when following the proper steps. Since Google Home is compatible with hundreds of devices, connecting it to a smartphone, tablet, or Windows Pc will be pretty straightforward. Following simple instructions will make it easier for anyone to connect to Google Home.
Share Your Views: