By default any URL you open in the web browser, it will get saved in browser history. Anybody who has access to your computer can see the websites you accessed in the past. By pressing Ctrl+H on the keyboard, the history of all the browsers show the URLs with all the saved links (date-wise). Majority of people surf the web in normal mode but there can be situations where you do not want the history of the webpage to get saved. Whatever type of content you open, nobody will come to know about it once you close the browser. Apart from browsing history, cookies, web-data and online form information will not be saved. All the web browsers offer the option to browse privately. The browsers refer private browser by different names that include Incognito mode, Private window or InPrivate browsing, etc. Let us find steps to set up private browsing in different web browsers.
- Go to the top right corner of the browser and click three dots.
- Now click New Incognito window.
Alternatively, you can directly open the Incognito window by pressing Ctrl+Shift+N.
- Open the browser and click on settings Icon in the upper-right corner.
- Now click on “New InPrivate Window”.
- Open Firefox browser and click on the menu on the upper-right end of the browser windows.
- Now, from the the drop-down menu, navigate and click on New Private windows.
For direct access to private browsing in Firefox, press Ctrl+Shift+P
- After opening the Opera, click on Opera logo on the top-left side of the window.
- From the drop-down list, click on New Private window
Or you can also open the browser by pressing Ctrl+Shift+N on the keyboard.
“Note: Private browsing is great in not allowing the storing of cache, cookies and browsing history. But anybody who has the access to the IP address of your system can still track you for a legal purpose. For 100% anonymity and privacy, you can use some of the best VPN services and setup VPN on Android or windows for surfing the net.”
Safari for windows
- Open the gear icon on the top right corner of the browser window
- For the various options that are displayed, click on private browsing.
- In internet explorer browser, navigate to tool from the top menu.
- On opening the tools, click on In-private browsing.
You can also press Ctrl+Shift+P in order to open private browsing mode.