If you are a proud owner of an iPhone, then having an Apple watch only adds to the ease you use your device. But having said that, losing your watch might just be a disaster. If you have lost your watch or want to know about how you can protect yourself or recover the watch, this article is just for you.
The designers of the watch made sure that you are protected even if you lose your device. To help you with the same, an iPhone mobile app enables you to trace your device back. So, if you do not have the Find My iPhone app installed on your device, then it’s high time you have it!
Once you are done with downloading and installing the application, Open the app and follow the instructions below:
1. In the Find My iPhone app, tap on Devices.
2. From the given list of options, click on Apple Watch.
3. Now, you would be able to see the location of your apple watch.
4. From the options, select Play Sound. If the watch is nearby, you can trace it by the sound that it would emit.
With No Apple Device
If you do not have access to any Apple device nearby, you might try to get your device from Windows or Mac. In this case, the prerequisite would be a system with an internet connection. The steps, once you have the prerequisites, would be as follows:
1. Visit iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID and password
2. From the icon grid, select Find iPhone.
3. On the screen, tap on All Devices
4. From the list, select Apple Watch
5.You would now be able to see the location of your device on the map—select Play Sound from the upper right corner of the screen.
These are how you can search your watch if it’s close to you and you are in the audible range of the sound that the device emits. However, in certain cases, there is a possibility that you might not be able to get the sound. One such example is if the battery of the watch has died out.
In scenarios where you are unable to listen to your watch, you can still trace the watch back to its last location. This means that you would be able to trace the watch the last time it was on and connected to any internet service.
In this case, all you would have to do is try the last known location, which you can find on your Find My iPhone app. However, if this too serves no purpose, then we would suggest that you place your device in the Lost Mode.
The Lost Mode is a unique feature of the Apple Watch. Once you set on the Lost mode, anyone who finds the watch gets an alert about its lost status. This will also help you lock down your device. Once again, you would have to reach out to the Find My iPhone app and then follow the following instructions:
1. At the bottom of the page in the app, you would find the Devices button. Click on it.
2. Select your Apple watch among the list of devices shown
3. Tap activate under the option Mark As Lost
4. Tap to confirm that the device is lost and you want to mark it the same.
5. Enter a phone number that can be displayed on your Apple Watch. This would help someone to get back to you in case they find you.
6. You can now select the custom message or select Done if you are happy with Apple’s default message.
Prevent Losing Your Apple Watch
It is always better to take preventive measures than repenting later. So, we have an app that would help make sure that you never lost your watch.
Lookout, now a popular company among Apple watch users, has come up with an app by which you can get the perfect solution. Lookout has introduced an app, which is a part of its Lookup security application for iOS. This application makes sure that your iPhone is alerted the moment it loses connection with your watch. This would mean that you would be able to trace your watch much faster and would almost always be aware of it!