Are you interested in becoming an Android developer? So, if you are aspiring to learn Android development, start by understanding what’s Android first. Then the next step can help you in learning Android books. Books are the real friends of humans, and you can effortlessly study out everything at your own pace. This article is based on the best books for learning Android App Development. So, let’s make a table of content to know what this article will cover and which books you can consider.
Table of contents
- Definition of Android
- Benefits of learning Android
- Best books for learning App development
What is Android?
Nowadays, the world is empowered with different technologies like Android, artificial intelligence, and whatnot. Meanwhile, learning something technical to convert the thoughts and blueprint to reality is not bad. Android is a software that we have on our smartphones, all the captivating applications that we use are android driven. Android is a platform, and getting its training means being capable to build an Android Application from scratch.
Benefits of Learning Android
Nowadays, everyone wants to be capable to do everything. By Learning Android, you will learn how to build applications and publish them on the play store. The scope of becoming an Android developer is vast, and the demand is also increasing. Learning Android may help you in many ways as mobile application development, etc.
List of some books from where you can easily learn basic and advance Android development.
The Best Android App Development Books
1 Head-first Android Development: A friendly Guide
If you have an idea for developing a mind-blowing application, this book will guide you. You can make your first Android application by following all the steps in this book. The author of this book is David Griffin and you can learn how to design applications, design interfaces, make your application workable. If you are a beginner or know the basics, this book will help you to open up your brain with ideas. To turn your ideas into reality, this book helps to make you understand the concepts via flowcharts and diagrams, etc.
What will you understand from this book
- Clarity on SQLite, notifications, intents, etc.
- Basic to advance knowledge to structure the application along with its design
- Compatible application development on various devices
- A better understanding of services
- Practice projects and helps you to understand all the fundamentals in detail
2 Android Program for Beginners
The author of Android for beginners is John Horton. He has tried to explain everything from basic to advance, from java basics to Android APIs. This book is worth buying as you will learn how to build the application from scratch levels. You can learn how to build real-world applications as it contains 40 mini-apps for learning purposes. The best of this book is, it tries to teach you everything by developing an application. Thus, you can understand the app development process in an easier way.
This book covers
- Thorough understanding of app development
- How to work with XML and create interactive applications
- How to develop the application and publish it.
- It guides to building a fully-featured and sound mobile application.
3. Android Programming: Pushing the Limits
The author of this book is Erik Hellman, and in this book, you will get all the expert tips and tricks for developing an Android application. If you have a little knowledge, this book will move you towards advancement. This book pushes the limits by letting you explore new ideas and face some new application development challenges. The clear and concise content in this book prepares you well for advanced concepts.
- The book contains all the extraordinary content that you hardly find in any other book.
- Completes all the basic to advanced concepts
- This book is a great blend of fundamental concepts along with what should be done and whatnot.
- It guides you through the whole Android development process focussing on the significant areas that are necessary.
- It contains all the basic and advanced level content
4. Java Programming for Android Developers for Dummies
The author of this book hasn’t done spoon-feeding. The book contains many ideas, the writer has specified the terms that urge you to find content online. You can take the example from this book like, what is an emulator, and you have to find it online via other sources. The creator of this book has invested tons of energy in curating content that makes Java and Android easy for you. Here is a tip, if you know a little bit of java, you can directly jump to Android development for fast learning.
- Core Java and Android concepts
- While reading this book, you can learn more than enough
- The writer’s witty and funny tone makes it a good read
- The writer persuades you to find the concepts that are not well-explained.
- This book emphasizes a lot on java Basics and Android concepts and how real-world applications are made in it.
- You can skip the portions, you already know.
5. Android Studio 3.0 Development Essentials
Neil Smith is the creator of this book and has outlined all the essentials of Android in this book. This book has mentioned everything from the basic layout to the Android studio to the testing of Android applications. Moreover, you will find advanced features where you will get to know about instant applications, Android studio profilers, and much more. This book has covered every minute detail including how to test the application performance.
A summary of the book:
- It contains everything from Android Studio, the code reader, layout manager.
- It helps you in learning Android Studio, the code Proofreader, and the layout manager.
- It starts from the basics and covers all the crucial things. The other version of this book is super cool.
6. Android Cookbook: Problems and solutions for Android developers
The writer of this book is Ian F. Darwin. This book helps you with everything from basic to advance in Android Development. This book contains more than 200 tested examples and also contains various Projects. This book will assist you in understanding Area-based Administrations. If you want to learn area-based, location-based, and other things, this book will surely help you.
Features of the book
- This book covers the major App development and designing part
- You will know how to work on SQLite
- it is theBest for the ones who know the basics of java, Android.
7 The Busy Coder’s Guide to Advanced Android Development
The chapters in this book are enough to make you understand Android coding, as the book is highly advanced. If you are an experienced developer, you can keep this book in your study area. This book may help you at the time when you will be working on a new project. This book is a guide to make you understand all the techniques, interfaces, and SQLite databases. It is highly advised to know how to write sample code and make applications before purchasing the book.
Features of this book
- Perfect for professionals with high knowledge
- . The topics like widget making, dynamic fragmentation, and list applications, everything is mentioned in it.
- You will not find any basic story of Android or Java, as it moves straight to code writing and application making.
- This book is your step-by-step guide to make a fully functional mobile application.
8. Android Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide
This book is a well-known reference guide as it contains a series of programming. Their books are also recommended for learning web development. As Android development is considered, this book is best for those who want to move further from Java to Android. This book helps you to develop small applications for practice and contains photos for better understanding. The book is a technology that can help you to learn new stuff. All the topics from thread, layout, fragment, notification, etc., everything gets covered in this book.
Features of this book are
- This book contains all the detailed concepts about Android Development
- You will see all the latest Android development updates.
- This book can help you in learning by solving different coding examples
- Every year a new edition of this book is a revised edition with all the recent Android development updates.
- The author has maintained the flow and consistency of the book.
9. Professional Android
If you are a developer and facing some issues while developing an application, this book may be your savior. If you are a newbie to learn Android, you won’t be served with spoon-feeding, and hence, it is a book for developers or students who know Android. On the other hand, if you want to learn advanced topics, you can consider this book to grow further to an expert level.
Features of this book:
- It can help you to develop advanced applications with examples and codes
- Number of practice projects to achieve your target
- It covers all the components of Android like data binding, scheduler, etc.
- It covers information about Java, Kotlin, and Android studio
10. Beginning Android 4 Games Development
So, let’s not jump to boring game-building methodology (although that is important) and start from directly building a game. This book will guide you step-by-step to make your gaming application. If you have prior knowledge about java or Kotlin, that will be better. This book kelps you directly jump to embed the advanced features in your gaming application.
Features of book
- Advance level book for those who have the basic idea and knowledge about game making and development essentials.
- No spoon-feeds, as you have to test the half-done codes yourself to enhance your capabilities
- The writer of the book has left some examples unsolved, and some of the codes unexplained.
11. GUI design for Android Applications
If you are a curious person who wants to learn Android from the beginning or scratch. You can get this book’s kindle version as it is free of cost. So, all the students who want to learn Android from scratch can consider this book as it covers important topics. It contains all those codes, test samples, and case studies that will help you to fully understand Android and its UI development
Features of this book
- Android learning is not confined to java and android components. It is necessary to understand XML, and this book covers that too.
- The author of this book has precisely given examples of everything via coding
- If you are a total naive person, this book will help you in building your foundation.
- It can help you to make 2D and 3D gaming applications
You can start from today! No matter which Operating System you have either Mac, Linux, or windows, you need the right guide and dedication. A lot of people research to learn Android development and keeping that in mind, we have shared the names of a few books. This list of books has been selected especially so that you become an expert in Android development. You may find many other articles where people have randomly shared the resources for learning Android. This article has been written to help you with all the famous and recommended books to let you grow from a novice. So, without wasting any further time, let’s get started with your journey to convert your ideas to reality.