When I decided to blog as a hobby, I was pretty naive about blogging and the rules of this game. I was very optimistic about writing based on my years of experience in IT and its affiliated niches. I was innocently convinced that the world is just waiting for me to blog! A big mistake of course! Within a few months when count of visitors was much below my expectations, my dreams came crashing on me. That was the time I learnt about Social Network Linking.
It was like dawning of some great knowledge. I learnt that the bloggers who want to earn from their reverie of online writing, must have their plans in place to attract visitors. It’s just like marketing your stuff out to your customers. Every business owner does so, so how could bloggers detour this vital course of profit making.
Social Network-Why is it important to link?
Social Network Linking is the method of posting content on social media sites to inspire the readers to share it with in their links. It is closely based on the idea of Six degrees of separation, a highly exciting notion that anyone on the earth is six links/steps away from every other person.
Almost every website or blog that we come across on the Internet today has to consider this aspect of online survival. Physically it appears in the form of social network icons on a webpage. When users click these fascinating social network links they are invited to like the pages they have viewed or requested to share the content with their friends. This is indeed a great way of serving your content to a larger spread of readers, if planned and executed carefully.
I personally feel that using social networks is beneficial for many other reasons. It is a sure shot way to add fun element to web pages with an offer to share images, posts, and a lot other things in social circles. People love to share what they have just stumbled upon. It is an opportunity for the web designers to let their content spread through these recurrent social interactions.
Another reason is the algorithms followed by the search engines. Search engines are updated frequently to take account of changes in the web in calculating page ranking. One of the factors that are under scanner by the search engines is Social Network Linking. After SEO, social network linking is the next step for a blogger.
A Facebook comment or comment, a Google connect, a Tweet, a Tumblr microblog or an Instagram share offers a link to follow the content to be endorsed. So, the biggest benefit is by social network linking you improve visibility of your content by connecting the content to your social network page and weave the magic of links.
Social Network-What the bloggers get
- Enhanced Social Visibility – complementing your blog with social links with social media content promises enhanced content visibility. All you need to do is make the social link is a hit with the social network users. This you can do by writing an attractive short review of your actual content. It will rush the traffic to your blog.
- Encourages Social Group Endorsement – It is a fact that we get encouraged with what others are doing in our contact list. Social networks groups are excellent launch pad to market and promote your blog. The rising score of visitors and a rising SEO ranking is a definite outcome of social network sharing.
- Promotes Many-to-Many Linking– Social media interactions are modeled on many-to-many concept. The connections between people are like never ending relay of links. This is the reason that this is an ideal platform to multiply your presence. Sharing of one post or comment or microblog will be cascaded to multitude of interlinked associations. Multiple connections mean multiplication of prospects.
- Social Trend Mirrors Better Reputation– People love to share content that has four essential features- Informative, enjoyable, unique and sensational. More sharing will create a trend out of your content. Sharing count is a measure to quantify the demand and growing ranking of your blog. For most of us popularity is a measure of trust and social network linking brings that trust. A trustworthy website or blog is ranked higher by all time SEO algorithms.
- Turns the traffic in your direction– Social networks are the newest grapevines. If you want to spread an idea promptly and beyond boundaries then put it on a social link. It’s a curious perspective of human nature that we love to follow the things others are talking about. So creating curiosity-filled social network message will set the ball rolling and get you the hits you want.
In the era of social networks we have changed the way we feel, respond and behave. SEO is a highly accurate benchmark for a website’s success. Social Network linking is the key player in the game called SEO. Social marketing and linking has redefined the notion of marketing and endorsements. It is subtly undertaken by individual users whenever they share the content with their links. So bloggers, get up and reap the benefits when your readers are readily and happily doing this for you.