A MiFi hotspot is similar to a WiFi. A MiFi is a wireless modem that can be carried anywhere that provides the net functionality the same way a mobile hotspot does. The MiFi has inbuilt WiFi and can be shared with up to 10 people. MiFi though has an inbuilt WiFi, it uses cellular data. It is used often by travelers because of its convenience. MiFi will always connect to a network even in the most deserted places.
The way MiFi works is that it catches a cellular data and you can use it the same way as WiFi. If we talk about the difference, WiFi is a broadband whereas a MiFi is a wireless hotspot. People who are on the commute often use MiFi. You can also use a MiFi and share it with your friends. It’s small in size and hence it is travel friendly
One example of a MiFi is the WiFi dongle that people use. It’s shaped like a Pen drive and you insert it on your laptop or device in the slot allotted for Pen drive. You then connect it and start using it. The data available on a MiFi is limited and can be refilled by different packages and offers.
How to Connect MiFi with your Device?
A MiFi is a hotspot device that uses cellular data to connect the internet to various devices. It is activated automatically upon use and through WiFi, it can be connected to any device you want.
- Inset battery and sim card in your MiFi device.
- Switch on the MiFi device. This can be activated by pressing the power button on the front side of the device.
- A MiFi will have three symbols to represent its functions: battery, data connection, and an envelope. Make sure all the three functions have turned green. This verifies that your MiFi device is ready to use.
- Switch on your device that you wish to connect with the MiFi hotspot.
- Go to settings and select the WiFi option.
- Now, you will be presented with multiple names to choose for your WiFi connection. Choose the name of your MiFi hotspot. The name of the MiFi hotspot is printed on a sticker stuck behind the MiFi hotspot device.
- Once you click on it to connect, it will ask you for a password. The password will be printed as well or the service provider would have given it to you.
- Wait for your device to connect with the MiFi hotspot. Once it is connected, you can use the internet from your device.
Benefits of using a MiFi hotspot device
The MiFi works everywhere and it’s easy to carry. It can be used in regions where no WiFi or strong network can be found. A MiFi can help someone reach a destination or call for help in deserted parts of the place they are exploring or if they have gotten separated from their group. The MiFi doesn’t take up any extra space in the bag and can also be simply carried in a pocket.
Save Cell Data
A MiFi is a hotspot. It doesn’t use complete cellular data. Hence you can save the data that is essential to you. For example, you can stream a movie by using a MiFi and save the cell data for the rest of the day. You can do things on the go and at the workplace that earlier you could only do in the presence of your home WiFi. The MiFi is a solution to those who are always on the go.
Say No to Buffering
Due to MiFi, we can use the net for a longer period without losing any connection. The MiFi doesn’t have problems like low battery life. The MiFi net is uninterrupted. Now you can enjoy your favorite movie, match or video without buffering. The net used by MiFi is also fast and hence it eases the downloading process.
Save Battery Backup of your Phone
Due to MiFi, your laptop can be easily connected to it and you can get the internet connection on your laptop. This will decrease the usage of your phone. You can access all your work, mails and social media through a laptop. Moreover, you will also be not using the mobile’s data and hence your hotspot will be off. All of these are a way to save your cell battery.
A MiFi is a boon to all those who wish to use their phones and laptops simultaneously. This is a major battery and net saver for your phone.