Whatsapp has changed the way we communicate and share distant friendships and relationships. It has penetrated the fabric of social communications to weave the finest threads of links and associations. The biggest advantage the people have is that this app allows them to create groups, share any kind of media, block annoying people, and customize it according to their liking. A lot many WhatsApp Tricks can make it a more useful app.
It has been used not only for socializing but for many good causes as well. I have seen teacher and students groups that are specifically created to share notes and knowledge. Many people share groups to help people locate blood and organ donors in case of medical emergencies. It has become a medium to share professional information among colleagues. There are a numerous WhatsApp Tricks that you must know. This is a small effort to share such tips to let you have a better experience on this hugely popular app.
Most useful WhatsApp Tricks for all
WhatsApp Trick 1–Know the Time When Your Message was Read
Sometimes it is highly crucial for you to know when your message is read. WhatsApp helps you here. All you need to do is this
- Select the target message by pressing on the message for a while till you get the menu on the top of your app screen.
- From this menu press “i” to read about the details the message.
- You will be able to see a list of times that shows when the message is the seat and read and read.
There is a catch here. If your read status is kept “Hidden” WhatsApp hides the reading status of others from you as well.
WhatsApp Trick 2–Hide Your Read Status
This is an essential setting you need to set if you don’t want to see when you have read the incoming WhatsApp messages. This how you so it
- Press on the three dot menu on top right and select “Settings”
- Open “Account”
- Open “Privacy”
- Uncheck the “Read Receipts” check box.
Now nobody can see when you have read a message
WhatsApp Trick 3–Mark the Message unread
Sometimes I read my wife’s WhatsApp message and realize later that I have committed an unpardonable crime. I don’t want her to know that I have read it. You know the aftereffects. I really thank a nice feature in WhatsApp that let me keep my little secret by marking the message unread. I often use this for reminding me if I have to reply to a message at a later stage. All you need to do is
- Press long enough on that specific chat till you get the familiar menu on the top of the app.
- Press the three dots opening a menu and select “mark as unread”.
- A green dot in front of the chat will indicate that it yet unread.
iOS makes this very simple by letting you swipe a message to the right and selecting ‘Mark as Unread’.
WhatsApp Trick 4–Access frequent conversations easily by creating shortcut on home Screen
If you are a diehard chatter on WhatsApp then I am sure that your inbox gets filled up way quickly than many others. In such situation, some urgent conversation with your boss or a family member can be difficult to locate. WhatsApp understands this and allows you to create a chat shortcut on your home screen. This way you do not miss any conversation that means a lot to you. It is as simple as you can imagine.
- Select the chat you want to reach quickly, press and hold
- From the popup menu press “Add conversation shortcut”.
- Voila! The group or username along with the Display Picture will appear on your home screen
Now you don’t have to scroll through countless chats to reach this important piece of conversation. If you want to remove it you can do so pressing and holding the icon on your home page and moving it to the bin. The feature to add chat shortcuts on the home screen is missing in iOS.
WhatsApp Trick 5–Change SIM but keep connected with WhatsApp
Very often we need to change the mobile SIM. It can be mandatory when travelling abroad. But you may not want to get disconnected from your cozy rounds of WhatsApp chats. No need to re-register! All you need is follow this simple way.
- As soon as you replace SIM with a new one you will get a message that your number is changed.
- You will be suggested to register the new number which you will ignore by selecting the cancel.
Doing this all your chats and contacts remain intact and you will feel glad to travel in distant countries with friends and buddies accompanying you in your Smartphone.
WhatsApp Trick 6–Open WhatsApp message in PC or laptop
You may often feel bogged by the urgency when you have to use both email and whatsapp message on your laptop or PC. But might have wondered how is it possible since you are dealing with an app and an email system. Good news is that you can open your whatsapp messages on your PC or laptop by these simple to follow steps
- Press the three dot menu and select WhatsApp Web
- In your PC web browser preferably Google Chrome type in the url “web.whatsapp.com”
- You will be able to see a QR code that must be scanned from your WhatsApp Web screen asking for it.
- Once the scanning is complete you can see the complete whatsapp interface in the browser and do whatever you want.
WhatsApp Trick 7–Preserving chats for future-Archive them
We are often get frustrated with the count of conversations but we don’t want to lose them. There is a simple way to keep the count of conversations limited without erasing the chat content. You can archive them. This is how you do it.
- Press and hold on a chat
- From the option on the top press “Archive chat”
- You get a message that your chat is archived. If you want to undo this simply press the “undo” button right at the bottom to bring back the conversation.
If you want to bring back some archived chats follow these steps,
- press on the “Archived Chats” at the end of all the chats
- When you see the list of all the archived chats, select the one that you want to un-archive.
- Press the un-archive option. Your chat will be back in the main chats
In iOS, you can do this by swiping a chat to left and pressing the “Archive” option.
WhatsApp Trick 8–Change the wallpaper of a chat
Sometimes we do need some personalization to a chat. The best way is to change its wallpaper. This is how you do it
- Open the chat you want to have a different wallpaper
- Press the familiar three dot menu and select ‘Wallpaper’ Option
- At the button, you will get option Gallery, solid color, wallpaper library, and default.
- You can select a solid color from the range of colors given or an existing image. I have selected an image and you can see the result.
- By pressing “Default” you can return to the default wallpaper.
WhatsApp Trick 9–Email the chat
This is a great feature of you want to get the whole conversation in your email inbox or you want to send it to someone else. These are the steps to follow
- Select the chat
- From the three dot menu select email chat if you are not able to see it immediately select “more..”. You will be able to see it.
- You will be asked to select the email. Chose according to email you use frequently.
- Your email app will open up and you have to fill the recipient’s email id. Fill yours if you need it for yourself.
- You can add multiple email id for different receivers’.
- Once recipients are added send the mail. It will be sent as text file along with the date and time of the message. It also contains the name of the people in conversation.
WhatsApp Trick 10–Reply to a specific Message by Quote and Reply
This is a nice feature when you are conversing in a group. If you want to reply to a specific message from a particular person, this is how you do it.
- Press on the message and let the option come at the top of the screen.
- Select “Reply” and type your reply
- Send it like a usual chat.
Well, these are some of the most important WhatsApp tricks to make the best of this much loved app around. If you have something to to improve our knowledge, do so in the comments section