There is a plethora of software for video conferencing alongside chatting and webinars. However, Zoom is one of the best among all for some specific reasons. For example, it has various useful features, which are not provided by other contemporary software like custom virtual background during a conference.
There are several other features to mention, but in today’s article, we will focus on this specific feature of this application. Using this application, you could start your office conference without exposing your messy leaving room or any other unprofessional-looking premise.
*Additionally, if you want then you can enable Zoom’s virtual background function through your iOS-enabled phone or iPad (iPhone 8 is the starting, and in case of iPad you need a Pro or 5th generation model)
How does the Application Work?
Well, this application requires a sufficient amount of memory and processing power to convert your messy scenario into a nice and clean, professional-looking office environment. Thus, you need a strongly forged system to perform this functionality seamlessly. More technically speaking, you need a recent model of PC or iPhone along with a powerful processor like quad-core or higher.
However, you can also use your old computer or laptop for this application you need a green backdrop to convert the background into a lucrative and professional-looking scenario. The green backdrop reduces the stress on the graphical processing segment of this application. Thus, this application runs flawlessly even on an older version of PC or Laptop.
How to Setup the Application?
Here we are about to know the entire process of setting up the application on the PC considering the machine has enough power to handle this application without any major issue.
*This tutorial is applicable and effective for both the iOS and Windows supported systems.
- First, open the interface of Zoom on the desktop. Perhaps, you need to log in to perform any action.
- Click on the Settings option located on the top right corner of the interface.
- Click on the ‘Virtual Background’ option from the drop-down under General settings.
- Now choose any of the given virtual backgrounds as per your requirement.
- If your computer has enough hardware to handle the processing and graphical pressure, then you will notice an immediate change on the background. Otherwise, you might have to wait for some while to notice any change.
- However, you can place a simple green backdrop on the background of your video if your computer or system is inferior or older. Then you just have to check the option called ‘I have a green screen box‘ to change the background seamlessly.
Process of Adding Someone during a Meeting
Using this application, you can even change the background during a running session of any video call or conference.
This functionality is a lifesaver when we need to shift the scope of conferences. Thereby this feature of Zoom is one of the most important reasons behind using this application for conferencing.
To change the background during the call, you need to follow the steps below.
- Throughout the call, click on the up arrow next showcased on the video screen to break the video.
- Now click on the option called ‘Choose Virtual Background’.
- Then you will see some background on the screen, choose your preferred one among them.
- Then you can close the Settings window.
- If your computer is stable enough, then you will get a changed virtual background hiding all the mayhem of your leaving room.
Process of Adding Personalized Images as Background
Zoom has a vast range of preinstalled virtual backgrounds in their library. However, they have also provided an additional feature to use users’ custom images as a background. To change the background with a custom image, you need to follow these steps.
- On the top right-hand side of the application, you need to click on the Settings option.
- Click on the ‘Virtual Background’ option from the left-hand side panel.
- Thence you click on the Plus Sign located next to the ‘Choose Virtual Background’ heading.
- Now you have to browse the desired image from the computer.
- Then after choosing the image, you just have to click on the Open option.
- Congratulations! You now have your image as a custom background.
*You can delete any of the custom images, just clicking on the cross button on the images.
There are many functionalities offered by this application; however, this one perhaps is the most useful among all. In this article, we have disclosed all the processes of enabling this feature even if you are halfway through a meeting. Although there are many further possibilities, to enhance the utility of this wonderful application, this one is undoubtedly one of the best of the present era for any type of video conferencing, webinar, or chatting stuff.