In the past year, we have transitioned from attending meetings in air-conditioned conference rooms to attending them right from the comfort of our bedrooms. So you need a good laptop for video conferencing. Why? Imagine being in the middle of hosting a Video conference when your laptop suddenly starts to lag, your voice starts cracking, and your image appears pixelated and unclear. How embarrassing! We can no longer settle for laptops with slow processors, less storage space, poor display, and average quality microphones and webcams. This article has evaluated some of the best video conferencing laptops in terms of their display quality, screen size, camera and audio quality, and some other aspects that will help you enjoy a seamless video conferencing experience.
List of Best Laptops for Video Conferencing
1. Apple MacBook Pro
Apple is a brand that is synonymous with optimum quality and excellent performance. The Apple MacBook Pro is a fast-performing gadget that will offer you the joy of uninterrupted and lag-free video conferencing.
The use of the M1 chip is the most attractive feature of this device. The 16GB RAM allows you to perform all the tasks in a jiffy. You can easily switch through multiple apps while you are still in the middle of video conferencing.
The built-in HD webcam has an image signal processor that can produce the best resolution images even in low light. The microphone and sound qualities of this laptop are also remarkable. The Retina display reflects vibrant images on a 13.3-inch screen that allows the users to pay attention to every detail during an online meeting.
Once charged, its battery can last for as long as 20 hours. The laptop flaunts a sleek design; therefore, you can carry it around anywhere you want.
- 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD storage
- Mac OS
- 8-core CPU for 2.8 times better performance
- 8-core GPU for 5 times faster graphics
- Equipped with the M1 chip
- Face detection technology
- 500 nits of brightness for excellent display
Reasons to Buy
- The battery stays for long hours.
- The cooling system is highly developed.
- No speed issues.
Our take: If you are not tight on budget, this is an absolute beast of a laptop that will make sure you have great video conferencing sessions.
2. Microsoft Surface Laptop 3
The excellence of this laptop can be compared to that of the Apple MacBook Pro. It uses Windows 10 Home OS. The laptop weighs only 2.79 pounds and is easy to carry around.
The Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 has a 13.5-inch touch screen where you can view your video conferencing. You can also write, draw, or make markings on the screen using a digital pen. Therefore, this laptop is highly beneficial for students, teachers, or anyone who has to deliver a presentation online.
It is an upgraded version of Microsoft Surface Laptop 2. Microsoft’s Surface 2 used Intel’s 8th Gen core processor and faced functionality issues. Therefore, Microsoft Surface 3 uses Intel’s 10-Gen core processor, which gives the laptop the power to function swiftly. This means that you can access different apps while you are still attending a video conference.
The screen maintains a 3:2 aspect ratio. You will especially love the viewing angles and the vibrant and clear images produced on the screen. It also has a good quality built-in microphone and webcam so that you can be clearly visible and voice your opinion firmly during a meeting. In addition, the battery life is commendable; a single charge can last for more than 11 hours!
- 13.5 inches LCD touchscreen
- High-quality built-in webcam and microphone
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor, Intel HD graphics
- 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
- 11.5 hours battery life
Why buy this Laptop
- The laptop is extremely lightweight yet sturdy.
- Excellent battery life.
- Available in a variety of colors to choose from
Our take: Microsoft has always been at par with Apple in terms of quality, and this product just keeps up with the tradition.
3. Lenovo Flex 5 (2-in-1) Laptop
The Lenovo Flex 5 uses Windows 10 OS. This laptop sports a 14 inch Full HD screen that is touch-enabled. As the name suggests, this product can be used both as a laptop as well as a tablet. There is a 360-degree hinge that allows complete rotation of the device.
It includes a digital pen that glides through the touchscreen and allows you to point out or highlight any part you want during a Zoom presentation.
The product has a built-in webcam that is accompanied by a manual privacy shutter. The privacy shutter can slide directly above the lens of the webcam. All you have to do is gently glide the tab towards the left, and you are done! There is a red dot that indicates that the shutter is properly closed. This will safeguard you against making your way into the many Zoom fails that is raging on the internet!
The Lenovo Flex 5 also has a decent sound quality. In a nutshell, this laptop has everything that you need to enjoy uninterrupted video conferencing!
- 14 inches Full HD touchscreen
- Webcam with privacy shutter
- 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD
- AMD Ryzen 5 4500U mobile processor, AMD Radeon graphics
- 360-degree rotation
- Windows 10 Operating System
- Includes a digital pen
Reasons to buy this laptop for Video Conferencing
- The battery can last for 10 hours.
- The touch screen and digital pen are helpful during online presentations.
- The privacy shutter on the webcam allows you to maintain privacy.
Our take: Weighing less than 4 pounds and having all the features that one might want to see in a video conferencing laptop, this product is a good value for money.
4. Acer Chromebook R 11
Like the Lenovo Flex 5, this laptop also comes with 360-degree rotation! If you want a professional laptop that will not exceed your budget, the Acer Chromebook R 11 is a good option. It uses the Chrome operating system.
The laptop does not only flaunt a slim and elegant design but is also excellent in terms of performance. The HD screen measures 11.6 inches and is touch operated. The Intel HD graphics card offers the utmost clarity when you are attending an online conference. In addition, the LED-backlit screen eradicates unnecessary flickering of light and makes sure that the visuals do not strain your eyes.
The laptop also has built-in stereo speakers. The HD webcam captures good resolution images so that you can be visible during a meeting. This is extremely lightweight and portable. Once the laptop is fully charged, it can last for approximately 10 hours!
- Multi-point touch
- Intel HD graphics
- Intel Celeron N3150 processor
- HD webcam and good quality microphone
- 4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC
- 360-degree rotation
Why you should pick this laptop for video conferencing
- It is small in size and does not take up a lot of space.
- Good audio and picture quality.
- Commendable battery life.
- It can be rotated in every direction according to the user’s convenience.
Our take: Although it is small and compact, this laptop is great for its price.
5. Lenovo IdeaPad 3
The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 has many similarities with the Lenovo Flex 5 2-in-1 Laptop. The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 also has a 14 inch full HD touchscreen. However, while the Lenovo Flex 5 has four size bezels, the Lenovo IdeaPad 3 has only two narrow bezels. This reduces the clutter on the screen and provides a wide viewing space during video conferencing.
The laptop is equipped with Dopoundsy Audio which accounts for the crystal clear sound that it delivers during online meetings. In this laptop too, the webcam comes with a shutter so that you can safeguard your privacy.
- Webcam with privacy shutter
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor
- AMD Integrated graphics
- Dopoundsy Audio for best quality sound
- 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
Why you must pick this laptop for video conferencing
- As there are only two narrow bezels, the viewing area is large.
- Battery life is good.
- Crystal clear sound for better video conferencing.
Our take: As it is thin and lightweight, it is excellent for carrying around. You can attend your conference from any nook of your house.
6. Dell Inspiron 3000
This laptop flaunts a 15.6 inches big HD screen. The anti-glare property of the screen makes it easy for users to use the laptop in bright and highly lit rooms. It uses Intel Celeron Processor and Windows 10 Pro operating system. You can multitask while attending an online meeting; your laptop will not slow down.
The device comes with an in-built microphone and HD webcam. The Intel UHD graphics ensures good quality video during online conferences. The product also has stereo speakers that provide good quality sound during an online meeting. All these qualities make this the best laptop for conferences.
- Windows 10 OS
- 12GB RAM, 256GB SSD
- Intel UHD graphics
- Intel Core i5
- Built-in HD webcam and microphone
- Anti-glare screen
Why you should buy this
- Affordable price.
- The laptop has a large screen.
- The visuals do not strain your eyes.
- The audio is of high quality.
Our take: Dell has always been a popular choice among students and teachers; this model has made its way into their list of favorites!
7. HP Pavilion 15-CS
This laptop manufactured by HP incorporates the use of an Intel 10th Gen Quad-Core processor, which makes it easy for users to attend video conferences without any lag or interruptions. In addition, the screen of this laptop deserves a notable mention.
The 15.6 inches touch screen is full HD, and the WLED-backlit feature makes sure that you witness a crystal clear resolution.
This laptop has a digital microphone and a wide vision high definition webcam to ensure that you have premium quality audio and video streaming on your end during a video conference. The audio quality of the laptop is also commendable!
- Windows 10 OS
- WLED-backlit HD touchscreen
- 12GB RAM, 512GB SSD
- Intel UHD Graphics, 10th Gen Intel Quad-core Processor
- Wide vision HD camera
- Good quality speakers
- Slightly heavy; 4.08 pounds
- The battery can last for 10 hours if charged once.
- The screen is huge.
- The laptop is highly responsive.
Our take: This laptop is good-looking, ensures fast performance, and is a good value for money!
8. HP Stream 14″ HD Laptop
As the name suggests, this laptop model by HP has a 14 inches screen. The screen does not have any side bezel; therefore, the entire screen is used as a viewing area. It also offers Zoom, Google Classroom, and Office 365 free trials, which is a lucrative deal! This makes it a great option for attending video conferences.
This laptop has a dual-core processor. The front-facing webcam captures quality images. There is a port for the microphone as well. However, it has only 4GB of memory which might sometimes cause limitations.
Once you charge the laptop, it can run for almost 9 hours. Preloaded with Windows 10 S and weighing only 3.24 pounds, this laptop is ideally suited for students or anyone who has to use a laptop on the go!
- Intel UHD Graphics 600
- Intel Celeron N4020 Processor (Dual Core)
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage
- Front-facing webcam
- No bezel around the display area
Reasons you must pick this laptop
- Easily portable.
- It is quite responsive.
- The entire screen is used as a viewing area.
Our take: If you are looking for a laptop for your kid’s online classes, homework, and projects, this laptop is perfect for you!
Buying Guide to Pick the Best Laptop for Video Conferencing
Cracked audio and blocky images can be a major turnoff during a professional online video conference. Here are a few things that you need to consider while buying a laptop for video conferencing:
- Camera: This is the primary component that should be paid attention to when you are choosing a good video conferencing laptop. Unless you are properly visible, your presence will fail to make an impact on other participants. Although an HD webcam is sufficient for video conferencing, you can opt for laptops with 4k cameras if you want higher attention to detail!
- Built-in microphone: To facilitate communication with other participants of the meeting, your laptop should have a good built-in microphone. Adding a USB microphone will limit your mobility. Therefore, having a built-in microphone is preferable.
- Operating System: Windows 10 and Apple’s Mac OS are the most widely sought-after operating systems that are compatible with the different video conferencing software like Zoom, Skype, etc. You can choose the one that you are comfortable with!
- Speaker: It is also essential to opt for laptops with good quality speakers so that the other participants of the conference are audible to you and do not miss out on anything important. You can also go for a laptop that has a port for headphones.
- Resolution: While buying laptops for video conferencing, it is important to make sure that the laptop has good graphics and can produce a display of top-notch quality so that all the texts and images displayed during an online presentation can be clearly visible.
- Graphics card: Although a video conference is not as graphic intense as playing or streaming a video game, it requires a video graphics card to maintain a standard video quality.
- Battery life: You would not like to shut off abruptly in the middle of a video conference, would you? Pay attention to the average battery life of the laptop you are choosing.
- Processor and RAM: If your computer doesn’t have a fast and reliable processor and sufficient memory, your audio and video quality will be downgraded.
- Portability: Bulky laptops will be difficult to carry around. It is always desirable to go for a lightweight laptop.
But the Best Laptop for Video Conferencing for You
Before spending your hard-earned money on a laptop, make sure that its specs are enough to fulfill your needs.
Of all the laptops mentioned above, the Apple MacBook Pro sure steals a lot of stares. However, if you are looking for something a little more affordable, there are many other options to choose from. Depending on how heavy-duty you want your laptop to be, you can decide if you want to settle for an 8GB or 16GB memory laptop.
Of all the above-mentioned laptop models, the Dell Inspiron 3000 is quite promising. The Anti-glare HD screen will let you use your laptop for long hours. The Intel Celeron processor allows the user to swiftly switch to another app if he has something to refer to in the course of an online meeting. The Intel UHD graphics, HD webcam, and good sound quality ensure an impeccable video conferencing experience.
Leave your opinions in the comment section below.
Share Your Views: