With the development of the modern world, telephony services became a vital part of communication for many businesspeople. But what to do if you plan to stay in one region or country but work with another, how is it possible to avoid a large amount of roaming and long-distance costs? In this case, virtual phone numbers would be a great opportunity to reduce the cost of telecommunication services and stay connected anywhere in the world without roaming. Virtual phone numbers are a powerful option for modern business and a must-have technology for many startups and small and medium enterprises.
All you need to use this service is a stable internet connection. By using such a number, you will be able to communicate through software and analog communications, paying only for Internet traffic at the internal rate of your provider. There are two main factors that you should pay attention to if you want to buy virtual phone number:
- It is completely legal to buy and use virtual phone numbers in all countries.
- Many providers use encryption to protect your data which makes virtual phone numbers safe to use, and by using them your location won’t be displayed.
So What Is a Virtual Phone Number?
Unlike conventional SIM cards, virtual numbers do not always have to repeat the functions of a regular number. This means that you can create a virtual number only for making calls, or you can create a number for SMS messages, or fax sending.
Virtual Phone Number Using Advantages
By using a virtual phone number, you receive calls just like a regular telephone. Calls can be mobile or landline, local or from a distant place in the world, similar to traditional telephony. But there are noticeable advantages as below.
- Flexibility. Since virtual phones are not tied directly to a specific place on the map, you can communicate from almost anywhere in the world and never miss a phone call.
- Presence in almost any country in the world. These numbers allow you to use multiple phone lines simultaneously and establish a local presence by being physically located in a different location. This facilitates the organization of support services and communication between branches of large companies.
- Reducing communication costs. Creating the impression of a local presence will also help your business reduce costs by eliminating costly long-distance and international phone calls.
- No need to purchase additional equipment, you can use your personal device, and all calls, faxes, messages will be redirected to the specified directions.
- Additional features and capabilities such as call forwarding, call history, SMS notifications, and email notifications.
- Full control over calls.
How to Purchase a Virtual Phone Number?
In order to become a user of this service, you need to choose a provider. The procedure takes place in several standard stages:
- Registration on the provider’s website.
- Balance replenishment for an amount equal to the cost of the number (setup and the monthly subscription fee).
- Select the country, type of number, city, or operator code.
- Confirmation and activation of the number.
- After activating the number, you can select one or several devices to which calls will be forwarded. It can be a regular PC, tablet, smartphone, mobile, or analog phone connected to the Internet.